Chapter 153: A Romantic and Gentle Person....

Lin Luoqing watched as Father Ji left before asking Ji Yuxiao, "What did he come looking for you for?"

"What else? Naturally to take Xiao Yu away."

Lin Luoqing didn't understand, "Why is he so adamant? Besides, what purpose will it serve to take Xiao Yu away? Didn't your brother's will clearly state that Xiao Yu will be raised by you? He's not Xiao Yu's biological father. Only his grandfather. Can he even compete?"

Chen Ming actually stood the chance because he was Lin Fei's biological father. But what did Father Ji have to fight against Ji Yuxiao? Neither grandfather nor uncle was a direct relative and stood an advantage over the other.

"Because his intentions aren't pure. He also wants the shares my brother had," Ji Yuxiao said calmly.

"Doesn't he already have his own shares?" 

Ji Yuxiao looked at Lin Luoqing's confused expression and gently explained, "Before my mother passed away, she passed her shares over to me and my brother. Afterwards, my brother came to be of age and my father also transferred some of his shares over to him. When I was of age, he also transferred some shares over to me. After so many years, my brother gradually received some other people's shares of the company as well and now, the percentage of company shares he holds in his hand is only second in majority compared to my father."

"As it is, once I take over the shares he once had in his possession, I now surpass my father as the major shareholder of Ji Corps. As the person who holds the most shares of Ji Corps, it's high time for the chairman of Ji Corps to also change now."

Lin Luoqing understood, "He's afraid of you taking over authority and before you do, he needs to take your brother's shares away from you. It's the same concepts as the reigns of kings in ancient times. Although the throne will ultimately be passed on to the younger generation, as long as the old emperor still lives, he will naturally wish to hold onto the power he has for as long as he can."

Ji Yuxiao didn't say anything. He had also once thought it was as simple as that, but now, that may no longer be the case.

He fell into a long silence before continuing, "So what he wants isn't Xiao Yu. He wouldn't only use Xiao Yu as an exchange for the stocks. Of course, he's clear that I won't file a lawsuit and take him to court. He only needs Xiao Yu to want to go with him and be willing to stay with him. He's clear that I won't fight against Xiao Yu and wouldn't be able to bear Xiao Yu's unwillingness and tears. The moment Xiao Yu chooses him, if I want Xiao Yu to return, I will need to give him my brother's shares. Between Xiao Yu and the shares, I would choose Xiao Yu without hesitation. That's his plan."

For two grown men to fight over a child, whoever loves the child more will inevitably be the one to let go first to prevent tearing the child apart. At times like these, if the child stands on your side, then there naturally wouldn't be any problems. 

But if the child stands on the opposing side, then you had no way of forcing him to come with you. You could only act passively and satisfy the other party's request to make the other party willingly retreat from the battlefield. 

Thank goodness Ji Leyu had always remained firmly on Ji Yuxiao's side in this matter.

Lin Luoqing found the matter hard to accept, "Xiao Yu is his blood-related grandson."

So what? Ji Yuxiao thought. He didn't even care about his son. What did his grandson amount to?

He only cares about himself.

"Let's not talk about him anymore. Take a break and rest first. Then we can prepare to eat."

Lin Luoqing nodded. He then recalled something and asked Ji Yuxiao, "There's something I want to ask you."