Chapter 9: It's Enough for Me to Have You

Ji Yuxiao: ....

Ji Yuxiao almost didn't spray out his sip of water. He coughed and placed the glass of water he had in his hand down before replying: Can you be a bit more reserved?

I know that you're dream is about to take flight. You're soon to be rid of your poverty but there's no reason you can't be more reserved about it!

Lin Luoqing snorted before taking another outfit and sending a snapshot over: This should be fine, right?

Ji Yuxiao looked at the basic white shirt and jeans in the photo. He felt there wasn't a problem. 

Its fine. He replied.

Lin Luoqing felt satisfied and hung the clothes back up. He then took a shower before laying on his bed. 

The next day at noon, after he sent Lin Fei toschool and went home to make up for lost sleep, right after he woke up, he received a call from Ji Yuxiao.

"I'm downstairs in front of your house. Come on down."

Lin Luoqing quickly sat up and put on a pair of shoes. He noticed the Rolls-Royce parked downstairs and the license plate number matched the number Ji Yuxiao sent him. 

"Wo~ow." Lin Luoqing exclaimed, "Rich."

He walked to the back seat, pulled open the door, and sat in. 

Ji Yuxiao had his eyes closed and appeared to be recuperating. He only opened his eyes when sensing Lin Luoqing's presence settling beside him. 

Ji Yuxiao peered over Lin Luoqing before nodding, "Not bad."

"Of course, you were the one who picked it." Lin Luoqing replied. 

Ji Yuxiao smiled and handed him a box he had at his side. 

Lin Luoqing received it with curiosity. He opened the box and found a watch inside, "This is..."

"Wear it." Ji Yuxiao said succinctly, "It's a gift."

Lin Luoqing:...

Lin Luoqing peered at the brand logo printed on the box and pondered whether his poverty alleviation work had already begun.

Was he already taking his first step today?

This was really efficient, fast-paced, and proactive.

Ji Yuxiao noticed him holding the watch but never made any motion to wear the watch for a long time. As such, he reached over and took the watch to latch it onto Lin Luoqing's wrist himself. 

"If asked, say it was my gift for you. We are to to be newlyweds and as a fiancé, I cannot have nothing for you."

Lin Luoqing nodded his head and whispered to him with a lowered voice, "Then I'll return it after meeting your parents."

"No need," Ji Yuxiao did not care for it at all, "It's just a watch. Nothing much."

As Lin Luoqing hears this, he did not bother with courtesy and just felt this man was quite generous. Ji Yuxiao was worthy of being the designated poverty alleviation benefactor. Very reliable. 

The chauffeur drove steadily and they arrived at the old Ji Manor around an hour later. 

The chauffeur then helped Ji Yuxiao retrieve the wheelchair and Lin Luoqing watched as Ji Yuxiao support himself with the chauffeur's hand and moved his body onto the wheelchair. Throughout the entire process, Lin Luoqing watched with a stunned expression. 

Oh, that was right. Both of Ji Yuxiao's legs were no longer convenient and he could no longer independently get on and off the car. He needed support.

As he realized this, he immediately got off the car and held onto the handles of the wheelchair. "Here, allow me."