Chapter 113: Success

When Lin Luoqing returned home from work, he told Ji Yuxiao about Su Tong.

"I don't think he'll leave. He seemed to have been appeased," He hugged onto the cup of water. Although he couldn't be certain, he felt the results were promising.

Ji Yuxiao nodded his head, "that's good."

"However, the way I see it, if he decides to renew the contract, we should adjust his percentage of profits. The contract he ahs now is not much different than the contract when he first joined. At that time, he still wasn't well-known, but now, he's a first-tier actor. If we renew according to the previous conditions, besides whether he himself would be willing or not, it's not suitable and appropriate for an artist like him with such a commercial value."

"It's natural for employees to hope the companies they work for would treat them preferentially, to see their value, capabilities, and worth. They want a corresponding feedback. It's necessary to change his contract. Not only that, but it needs to continuously change with Su Tong as he progresses in the entertainment circle. If, in the future, he's able to not only win awards but also retain his current popularity, then we should also consider to offer him some share dividends. This way, he would have a greater sense of belonging and attachment to the company and that's he's also earning money for himself. We could prevent having him leave after he has achieved fame."

"Naturally, the share dividends don't have to be much. They should only be paid dividends, but not sufficient for him to make decisions on the board."

Ji Yuxiao listened to Lin Luoqing's plans and analysis and smiled. "You've thought of a lot."

Lin Luoqing heard him and felt embarrassed. He felt he was making a fool of himself in front of a professional.

"I was simply thinking about it. It's not a mature proposal yet. After all, I'm not a professional," he said shyly, which was rare for Lin Luoqing.

Ji Yuxiao shook his head and affirmed him, "No, your direction of thought is correct. Although there are some aspects that cannot be done according to your proposal, there's nothing wrong with the main idea. Any industry, in order to retain the best, requires expense. Artists are no different. Money isn't just a necessity, it is also an affirmation of the employees' capabilities. For most people, money is the best affirmation. Only then would these parties understand that they are being seen, being noticed, and only then will they be willing to continue to work hard."

"So there's nothing wrong with your thoughts. You've done very well."

"Really?" Lin Luoqing said happily, "That's good then. I was worried that you wouldn't agree to my altering Su Tong's shares without discussion. I was thinking if this won't do, we'll just alter the shares again."

"No. Since Xingyi's yours, I naturally believe that you're able to run it well. Have more confidence in yourself and be bolder in your decisions."

Lin Luoqing looked at him and his heart rejoiced. It was as though he had raised a small nest of magpies and they were constantly jumping around in his heart.

He wanted to kiss Ji Yuxiao, but inexplicably felt embarrassed to do so. It was as though he had some hazy thought and caused his heart to fluster in shyness.

"I'm going to go check on Fei Fei and Xiao Yu," he said softly.

Immediately after, he turned away and left Ji Yuxiao's study.

However, with just a few steps, he felt unwilling. Lin Luoqing turned around and returned back to Ji Yuxiao's side. 

Ji Yuxiao was confused, "What's..."

Lin Luoqing hurriedly dipped down and kissed him before Ji Yuxiao could finish his words. He then turned away, acting as though he had not done a thing, before quickly leaving.