Chapter 95: "How Do You Plan To Thank Me?"

Ji Leyu had been forced to read all morning long. He doesn't feel well all over.

"It's the afternoon now. Afternoon now! It's time to eat," he closed the book and peered at Lin Luoqing pitifully, "Let's take a break. I'm so tired."

Lin Fei looked at his frowning little face with an aggrieved expression. He patted his head and took it as a small reward for Ji Leyu.

Ji Leyu noted down his response and knew that Lin Fei was conceding. His entire being finally relaxed.

"I'm working too hard," he looked at Lin Fei with his lips pursed into a pout.

Lin Fei took out the tablet from his bookbag and passed it over, "Play."

Ji Leyu didn't want to really play with the tablet. He wanted to eat, "Why isn't Father home yet?"

"It should be because my Uncle still isn't done yet," Lin Fei hypothesized.

Ji Leyu sighed, "Working is so troublesome. Much more so than going to school."

Lin Fei: ...You still have to work when you grow up.

However, he had seen now that Ji Leyu was actually quite smart.

He had never been in first grade before but there were some materials he understood without Lin Fei having to teach him. As for the materials Lin Fei had to teach him, Ji Leyu was able to grasp the first time Lin Fei taught him.

As such, the progress Ji Leyu made within the morning wasn't negligible.  

Lin Fei was a little happy- after all he was genuinely concerned about this little brother of his that did not like to study at all. What if he wasn't able to do anything well in first grade? Wouldn't Ji Yuxiao be depressed?

All adults hope that their children would get good grades. Ji Yuxiao would certainly not be an exception.

However, now it seems like Ji Yuxiao would have nothing to worry about.

As he thought of this, he heard the door open. Ji Leyu bounded off the chair and leapt toward the door.

The door was pushed open, and he had saw two familiar figures come in. He cried out joyfully, "Daddy."

Lin Luoqing wheeled Ji Yuxiao in and asked, "Are you hungry? We can eat together for lunch today too."

Ji Leyu's eyes curved into crescents as he nodded, "En."

Luo Jia saw that the two had come home. He immediately stood up, "Alright. I'm returning the children back to you. I need a smoke. Been enduring the craving all morning."

"Do you want to eat together?" Lin Luoqing asked.

"It's fine," Luo Jia refused, "You family of four can eat together. Meanwhile, I'll take an afternoon nap."

"You've worked hard."

Luo Jia grinned, "You know how to talk much better than Ji Yuxiao."

Ji Yuxiao was dismissive, "Then get going, you. You talk too much."

"If you don't know how to talk, don't feel pressurized to," Luo Jia persuaded him.

Ji Yuxiao leaned against the wheelchair, "Still definitely better than you."

Luo Jia: ....Who knew where he gained his confidence from.

Luo Jia left, and when he did, he closed the door behind him.

Lin Luoqing sat down on the sofa and started looking over the menu to order some food.

After ordering, he then noticed the table littered with books. He looked at Lin Fei and Ji Leyu with a smile, "Reading so early, you two?"