Chapter 134: "But You're My Baby."

Lin Fei: ...

Lin Fei calmly reminded him, "Even if he is right in front of you, I will not allow you to push him down the stairs."

Father Ji was already at that age. If he were pushed down the stairs, he might really not make it.

Ji Leyu turned around to look at him and thought in his heart his Ge Ge was really king. His Grandfather said he wasn't any good but Lin Fei still wouldn't allow him to push him down the stairs. Really too kind.

Not like him. Not kind at all.

So, he was the worst. Don't look at how old his Grandpa was. He couldn't even tell at that age. How dumb.

He sighed and pulled on Lin Fei's hand, "Let's go? Let's head back."

Lin Fei nodded his head but then remembered his earlier question. Ji Leyu still hadn't answered him, so he repeated his question, "What did your Grandpa tell you?"

The hand Ji Leyu had holding Lin Fei's hands tightened momentarily.

Lin Fei stared at him in confusion.

 He watched as Ji Leyu slowly blinked his eyes and sadness welled up in him.

"He doesn't like my uncle," Ji Leyu said calmly with a low voice as though he was trying to prevent himself from crying, "He also wants me to stop liking my uncle as well."

He turned his head to look at Lin Fei, "He wants me to hate my uncle, hate you, and hate your uncle."

Lin Fei was stunned. He never had a father and didn't a have a concept of what a father was, much less fatherly love.

But he did watch TVs, and had seen how other children interacted with their dads. Although he never understood what fatherly love was, in his impression, fathers should love their children.

Although his own mom and dad were never together and don't meet often, his mom had told him his father loved them.

Besides, Ji Leyu's father loved Ji Leyu. Why did Ji Yuxiao's father not love Ji Yuxiao?

"Why doesn't he like your uncle?" Lin Fei asked.

Ji Leyu shook his head. He didn't know either. How could there be people who didn't like his uncle?

His uncle was the best. There were actually people who didn't like his uncle, and that person was actually his grandpa. Ji Leyu didn't understand at all. 

Lin Fei watched as Ji Leyu shook his head and felt even more puzzled.

"Are you going to tell your uncle?" he asked.

Ji Leyu hurriedly shook his head again, "Of course not."

He said, "If he knew, he will definitely be sad. I don't want him to be sad."

"But if he doesn't know his dad doesn't like him, what if your grandpa bullies him in the future? Wouldn't he be unable to protect himself?"

Lin Fei was older the Ji Leyu and, in the end, more experienced and knew more than JI Leyu. 

It wasn't scary to know others didn't like you. Because once you knew, you would no longer have any expectations. You would know to be vigilant. But if one remained oblivious, they risk getting hurt.

Before Lin Luoqing changed for the better, Lin Fei didn't leave Lin Luoqing because he knew Lin Luoqing didn't like him. Lin Fei was able to keep an eye out for himself because he had a good understanding of the person he lived with. Lin Fei didn't have any expectations for Lin Luoqing but he couldn't leave. There were too many people out in the world and Lin Fei didn't know anything about them. He couldn't protect himself from everyone and didn't know who he should be wary of the most.