Chapter 17: "He Likes You"

"My name is Ji Leyu," Ji Leyu replied crisply. His amber eyes were clear and pure when reflected against the sunlight, "Uncle, you can call me Le Le or Xiao Yu."

Lin Luoqing: !!!

Lin Luoqing:...

On the other side, Ji Leyu had already stepped aside and politely said, "Quickly, come on in, Uncle. I'll take you to see my dad."

Lin Luoqing:...

Lin Luoqing could only awkwardly yet politely reply, "Okay."

After speaking, Ji Leyu turned his head and noticed Lin Fei who stood by Lin Luoqing's side.

He did not notice Lin Fei before. In fact, it could be said that even Lin Luoqing was simply a name to him.

Ji Leyu hopes that Ji Yuxiao would be happy. He believed that Lin Luoqing could make Ji Yuxiao happy and that was the only reason he had deliberately displayed a warm and well-behaved persona to welcome Lin Luoqing and make himself more pleasing towards others.

In actuality, Ji Leyu did not care who Lin Luoqing was. He didn't care what he looked like or if he had kids. As such, he naturally also did not spend much of his attention on the Lin Fei who had no use for Ji Yuxiao.

But now that he had seen them, Ji Leyu subconsciously wanted to make himself seem pleasing in Lin Luoqing's eyes. As such he also revealed a sweet smile at Lin Fei who carried the title of Lin Luoqing's nephew.

"Hello Ge Ge," Ji Leyu said obediently. His voice was soft and carried a child's characteristic sweet childish tone.

Before, Lin Fei had heard so much from Lin Luoqing and believed that Ji Leyu would be a grumpy and temperamental, strong and buff naughty child. Seeing the child who looked like a doll and obediently called him Ge Ge inexplicitly stunned him.

He gave a rare laugh and only felt that Lin Luoqing could really speak nonsense.

Just this? Fierce?

He was clearly very cute.

"Hello," Lin Fei replied with courtesy.

Ji Leyu's mind wasn't on him so he blinked a few times and revelaed an embarrassed and somewhat shy demeanor before taking them to see his main concern.

"Why don't we head in, Uncle Lin."

"Alright," Lin Luoqing said.

Ji Leyu hurriedly walked forward and led them into the manor. They headed straight for the elevator.

"Let's ride the elevator. It's faster," his tone was fast and clear as he bobbed his head slightly, resembling a cat. Ji Leyu seemed nimble and clever, very pleasing.

It was the first time Lin Fei had seen an elevator installed in a private home and he was a bit stunned. Only, he had always shown an unfazed expression on the surface so even though he was shocked, he still maintained a clam and collected demeanor.

As for Lin Luoqing, he immediately understood why there would be an elevator.

Ji Yuxiao had no way to use the stairs so for his convenience, an elevator was installed.

As he contemplated on this matter, his thoughts subconsciously reflected back on the old Ji Manor. Ji Yuxiao's injury and legs had been in such a state for quite a while now and Ji Father never had an elevator built in. Not only did he not have an elevator planned, he also did not move his study room down to the first floor.

He appeared to show concern and care for Ji Yuxiao on the surface but why was it that he was not able to have these detailed but easy considerations done for Ji Yuxiao? How was he not able to think of these aspects?