Chapter 44: What To Do When Wife Is Frantically Hinting At It...

Ji Yuxiao heard the knock on the door. He gave some final words and orders before hanging up.

Lin Luoqing walked in and said to him, "It's time to eat."

"Alright," Ji Yuxiao stowed away his phone and pushed his wheelchair to go forward.

He was never someone who hesitated in his decisions. Even though it was his own father he was doubting, Ji Yuxiao would not pretend to ignore his suspicions and choose to turn a blind eye. 

With just one day's worth of work, he had already arranged for others to investigate his father's affairs. 

It was just that his father was an old fox. To investigate him without alarming the old man would take time and effort. No one could provide a guarantee on what could be found out and how long it would take.

However, Ji Yuxiao was not in any hurry. Even if he was an old fox, that tail of his would reveal itself sooner or later. Ji Yuxiao had already prepared himself for the worst outcome and was naturally not afraid of anything. 

Ji Yuxiao only felt that it was sad. There would actually be a day when he would doubt his own father. His father would also have a day in which he would make Ji Yuxiao doubt him. This kind of father-son relationship was both hilarious and sad in Ji Yuxiao's mind.

However, his emotions were quickly covered up. He seemed like nothing had occurred and headed for the elevators along with Lin Luoqing.

Ji Leyu watched them come closer from afar. He asked, "Dad, did you know that cactuses can blossom?"

"I do," Ji Yuxiao said with a smile, "Why do you ask that so suddenly?"

Ji Leyu pouted and said with some hints of childishness, "Because in this home, only I don't know."

When Auntie Zhang heard that, she burst out laughing, "Xiao Yu had just asked me whether I knew that too."

Lin Luoqing also chuckled, "He also asked me."

Ji Leyu:...

Ji Leyu's cheeks puffed up.

Ji Yuxiao was amused and reduced into tears by them, "Why were you suddenly intrigued by whether cactuses bloomed?"

"Fei Fei Ge Ge said they would bloom. I didn't know. I thought no one else did either."

"You're still young. It's natural to not know. When you grow older, you will naturally come to learn more," Ji Yuxiao shifted into his seat.

"But Fei Fei Ge Ge knew," Ji Leyu muffled.

"Then did you ask how your Fei Fei Ge Ge knew?" 

Ji Leyu:....

"Fei Fei, how did you know?" Lin Luoqing inquired.

"It said so in the books," Lin Fei replied calmly.

Ji Yuxiao nodded, and peered at Ji Leyu, "Hear that? The books said so."

Ji Leyu:...

"So, you should read more books," Ji Yuxiao lectured.

Ji Leyu:....

Alright, he shouldn't have asked.

Ji Leyu snorted and lowered his head to eat.

Lin Luoqing and Ji Yuxiao smiled before they too started eating.

After dining, Ji Leyu and Lin Fei returned to their rooms. Those who needed to do their homework did their homework and those that needed to read books read their books. 

Lin Luoqing also returned to his and Ji Yuxiao's room. He wanted to play on his phone for a bit and had just opened it when an incoming call came in. The ringtone denoted it was Chen Feng.