Chapter 103: Presents

For children, Christmas was a happy time period for them. Not just Christmas. All holidays were a time they could receive presents. Holidays meant presents. It might also mean vacation or good food.

Of course, there were also exceptions. For instance, Lin Fei wasn't so enthusiastic about holidays as the others. Although he was aware of the customs of holidays, he didn't think they were that interesting, let alone look forward to them.

However, Ji Leyu was different. He recalled that the year prior, on Christmas, his parents had taken him out to play and when they arrived home, they had conjured up many presents.

Ji Leyu asked Lin Fei, "Say, what do you think my Father and your Uncle will have prepared for us?"

Lin Fei didn't understand, "Why do they have to prepare anything for us?"

"Because it's Christmas, and when it's a holiday, there should be presents," Ji Leyu held his cheeks as he looked at him, "Didn't you get presents before during Christmas?"

Lin Fei shook his head.

Lin Luoxi was not too particular in this aspect. She was too busy during that time. Moreover, she did not get breaks during holidays. The holidays also weren't as special as Lin Fei's birthday, so at most, she would buy and cook a few more of dishes. But she never had the time to fully relish the rowdiness of the holidays. Lin Fei never could see how holidays were different from any other day.

Ji Leyu saw him shake his head and said with shock, "Then do you receive presents during New Years?"

Lin Fei shook his head.

"Lunar New Years?"

"There're red envelopes."

"What about Childrens' Day?" *Childrens' Day is June 1st, and the concept is similar to Mother's and Father's Day, but for children. Being thankful for children. They usually receive presents as well.*

"Yes."

"What about birthdays?"

"Yes."

Ji Leyu:...

Ji Leyu thought it was alright. Although he was pitiful, he couldn't be considered too pitiful.

"My Mom and Dad would always have presents for me for Christmas and New Years."

However, it was his first year celebrating Christmas with Ji Yuxiao. He wasn't sure whether Ji Yuxiao would give him presents. The same as well with Lin Luoqing.

He held his little head and thought about it, "Your Mom is your Uncle's sister. If she didn't even buy anything for you, then your Uncle most likely won't either."

Lin Fei nodded his head. He recalled that during previous holidays spent with Lin Luoqing, there weren't any presents.

Ji Leyu watched as Lin Fei nod his head and couldn't help but feel disappointed. He had just garnered a sense of his family always being there and nothing had changed. He had subconsciously took Lin Luoqing as his Mom and thought he would be no different from her. However, it seems like there would be changes.

He sighed, but then comforted himself, "Presents aren't that important anyway! Moms are all different. Just like how your Mom doesn't give presents on Christmas, other Moms are that way too. It's nothing much!"

Lin Fei nodded his head. But he then looked at Ji Leyu's disappointed expression, "Do you want presents?"

It was rare for Ji Leyu to be at a lost for what to say to Lin Fei, but at that moment, he was at a lost. He wanted to say, "En," but then thought of how Lin Fei never said anything despite never receiving anything for all these years. He was embarrassed, but Ji Leyu indeed wanted presents. He was unable to lie with, "No, not at all!"