Chapter 125: A Booklet

After Lin Fei and Ji Leyu had dinner, they didn't take an afternoon nap, which was rare for them. Instead, they waited for Lin Luoqing and Ji Yuxiao to come home.

Ji Leyu sat on the sofa and as he watched TV, his eyes would gaze outside the window from time to time.

This would happen repeatedly but wouldn't see Lin Luoqing and Ji Yuxiao for a long time.

"How come they're still not home yet?" Ji Leyu turned to look at Lin Fei in confusion. 

Lin Fei shook his head, "I don't know."

"Does a primary school parent-teacher conference take this long?"

The parent-teacher conferences he had at kindergarten never took this long.

Lin Fei thought about it, but he couldn't figure anything out himself. After all, Lin Luoqing never went to his midterm exam parent-teacher conference. Perhaps primary school parent-teacher conferences really did take this long. 

He grabbed a strawberry and studded it into Ji Leyu's mouth before continuing to watch TV.

After a long while, there was finally some commotion at the front door. Ji Leyu immediately strained his neck to take a look and then stood up. He gleefully ran over, "Daddy, you're home!"

Lin Luoqing had not yet changed his shoes when he heard Ji Leyu's crisp voice. He only felt Ji Leyu was quite enthusiastic.

He quickly changed his shoes and was able to catch Ji Leyu who had pounced over just in time. Lin Luoqing then kissed his face.

"Xiao Yu is very impressive and tested very well this time."

"Really?" Ji Leyu asked him with a wide grin.

There was confusion and doubt in his tone, but there wasn't much surprise and shock in his expression, as though Ji Leyu had expected this.

Lin Luoqing poked his tiny face, "Did you already guess that you did well this time?"

"I knew all of those problems," Ji Leyu hooked around his neck softly, "Ge Ge has taught me them."

"So smart," Lin Luoqing planted another kiss on his face.

Ji Leyu was very happy, and his eyes curved into crescents.

Ji Yuxiao watched, and he felt both gratified and happy. 

Although he didn't place too heavy of importance in Ji Leyu's grades, accept that most children this age didn't enjoy studying, and that it wouldn't be too late for Ji Leyu to start studying well in the future, Ji Leyu was still his child. Now that Ji Leyu had done well, it was impossible for him not to be happy and pleased. Even his gaze turned even more gentle. 

Lin Luoqing headed over to sofa while carrying Ji Leyu. Lin Fei was still seated there and provided a polarized contrast against Ji Leyu's energetic and lively welcome. Lin Fei seemed very calm and indifferent, like water without ripples.

Hence, Lin Fei was often easily overlooked by others.

But Lin Luoqing would never neglect him.

After Lin Luoqing placed Ji Leyu on the sofa, he looked over at Lin Fei. 

Lin Fei was confused, "What is it?"

"Fei Fei, do you want to guess what your scores were this time," Lin Luoqing deliberately pretended to be mysterious.

Ji Leyu raised his hand, "He must have placed first!"

Lin Fei was expressionless, "En."

Lin Luoqing: ...