Chapter 170: "You Deserve..."

Just before Ji Leyu and Lin Fei knocked on the door, Lin Luoqing was still seated beside Ji Yuxiao on the bed and talking about the two of them.

"Why are they still not asleep yet? It's so late," Lin Luoqing asked with concern.

"Then you go and tell them to sleep early," Ji Yuxiao placed the book in his hands down and responded to him.

"How can that do?" Lin Luoqing wasn't very willing, "They only get the weekends off. It's rare for them to be able to relax and have fun. It's only natural for them to want to play more."

"But you're still over here worrying," Ji Yuxiao didn't know whether to laugh or to cry.

Lin Luoqing sighed, "Isn't it only because Fei Fei didn't sleep until late last night? If he continues, it'll be bad for his body."

"But you're still unwilling to go and tell him to go to bed."

"Children should have their own freedom," Lin Luoqing said righteously, "He normally works very hard with his coursework and classes already. It's only natural for him to do some other things he enjoys as well."

As Ji Yuxiao listened to him, he only felt Lin Luoqing was very cute.

At times like these, he doesn't feel like Lin Luoqing resembles a parent. Rather, he was like a child himself who had not yet fully grown up. He was more like an elder brother.

Hence, he was here considering aspects normal families wouldn't.

Such as, what to do if children don't sleep until very late at night?

Most parents either gave their children complete freedom and wouldn't consider such a question or would directly head over and turn the lights off, telling the children to go to bed.

But Lin Luoqing wouldn't. He would worry but was also unwilling to force the two children to head to bed. Hence, he would occupy himself with fret over such an insignificant matter. Even though he felt this wasn't healthy, he would still consider the children's perspectives and argue for their logic.

He cared about the children, but also gave them the freedom to decide for themselves.

This was rare. Even though Ji Yuxiao also doted on the two children, he wasn't like Lin Luoqing.

Not to mention, Lin Luoqing hadn't graduated from college long himself. He himself was still a child.

Lin Luoqing had some childish and naive moments himself. But when the matters concerned the two children, Lin Luoqing was exceptionally responsible and reliable.

Ji Yuxiao laughed and patted his head. He persuaded Lin Luoqing, "Just let them be. There's no school tomorrow anyways. It won't matter much even if they go to bed late one or two nights."

Lin Luoqing nodded his head but still hoped inside that the two children would be able to sleep early.

As he was thinking this, he heard the knock on the door.

Lin Luoqing gave Ji Yuxiao a curious look. Afterwards, he got off the bed and headed over.

He figured it must be the two children. At this time of the night, Auntie Zhang should already be asleep.

But when he opened the door, he didn't see anyone. 

Lin Luoqing glanced around, perplexed. He looked to the right and then to the left. Only when he lowered his head did he see the two presents.

He could tell they were presents because one of them had a beautiful ribbon tied to it while the other had a bow. The decoration was very intricate despite it being the typical appearance of a wrapped gift.