Chapter 96: "Teacher Ma, I'll Let You See....

Lin Luoqing: ...

"I'll definitely act well and live up to your expectations," Lin Luoqing said politely, "Unless there's something else Teacher Ma thinks I should also do? I've never encountered this situation before and there's some things I might not be doing right. If there's anything you need from me in the future, I will definitely do my best in it."

He spoke very seriously. If he didn't know Ma Bozhong's character beforehand, this would be exactly how he would have spoken.

Ma Bozhong looked at his sincere gaze and fell silent. He then asked, "Xiao Lin, do you have a boyfriend?"

Lin Luoqing shook his head.

Ji Yuxiao didn't count. They were already legally wed partners, not a boyfriend.

"I actually quite like you. Do you understand?"

Lin Luoqing appeared stunned.

He looked at Ma Bozhong and seemed as though it was the first time he was aware of Ma Bozhong having such a thought.

"I... I'm not clear," Lin Luoqing said muddily, "Teacher Ma, there's still some other matters that require my attention. I need to go."

"There's no need to hurry," Ma Bozhong stopped him, "Xiao Lin, what kind of person do you think I am?"

I think you're crazy! Lin Luoqing cried inside but didn't say out loud. 

Ma Bozhong answered his own question, "I think I'm pretty good. Actually, I'm very gentle with the person I like."

Lin Luoqing: Heh. Do you even believe that yourself?

"I understand your concerns. The person in the wheelchair that day, you said he was your Ge. But to my understanding, you don't have any blood-related brothers. If it was a cousin, there's no need for him to come all this way even under such inconvenient circumstances but ignore you and was nowhere in sight the half year you had no opportunities. I'm thinking that Ge has another layer of meaning, right?"

Lin Luoqing didn't expect him to actually see Ji Yuxiao. But then again, Ji Yuxiao had been in around on set for the last two days. For him to be seen was only natural. He calmly responded, "Teacher Ma, you need to speak with evidence. Otherwise, that would be a slander towards me."

"I naturally hope this is slander and that there's nothing between the two of you. after all, with your age and appearance, it's it pitiful that you have to waste yourself on him?"

What's there to be pitiful about? Lin Luoqing felt helpless. He was willing. What qualification does Ma Bozhong have to judge that?

Lin Luoqing didn't say anything and only looked at him.

Ma Bozhong grinned, and as though he was thinking of Lin Luoqing's own good, he said, "I think it's a pity. What can he give you? Even if he can give it to you, can I not give it to you also?"

"Xiao Lin, you're someone who had been abandoned by your company before. You haven't been living well the last year, have you? Even though you're at a new company now, don't you worry about being abandoned again? About your company neglecting you for someone else again?"

"I recall that Su Tong was also from your company. He's quite popular now and has similar age and looks as you. If you're the company's boss, who would you choose? Wouldn't it be Su Tong? Like this, how do you expect to make a name for yourself?"

Ma Bozhong tempted, "If you want to make a name for yourself, you have to do it while you're still young. If you can't climb up now, do you think you'll have a better chance when you get older?"