Chapter 158: "President Ji Must Not Know of This Matter..."

Qin Ruyun followed Lin Luoqing into the car. The chauffeur turned on the heater as Wu Xinyuan poured her a glass of hot water. Qin Ruyun wrapped her hands around it to warm herself up and it was only after a while that she began to feel the cold seeping away.

As she looked at the glass in her hand, she couldn't help but feel sour in her heart.

It was only afterwards that she realized the other parties must have Jesse her being scolded by the director, and then by her manager. How awkward. How embarrassing.

What remained of her self-respect materialized to remind her that she must pain a sorry image right now.

Lin Luoqing didn't say anything out of consideration.

But Wu Xinyuan saw that she only had on her thin layer of costume and inquired, "Do you have your hotel room key?"

Qin Ruyun nodded her head and responded in a timid voice, "Yes."

After, she reached into her pockets habitually and remembered that her hotel key was in her jacket pocket. Her jacket was with her manager.

She blinked unnaturally before saying in a low voice, "My manager took it."

Wu Xinyuan nodded his head and thought to himself who knows where that manager of hers disappeared off to. If he had returned to the hotel, then things were simple. If if he didn't, then who knows how long the young girl would have to wait outside in the hallway for. Who knows where she's be able to stay.

This manager really was too unreliable.

How could he just ditch his artist like this. What if something happened? Would he even be able to take responsibility of the consequences?

Especially since she was only wearing so little.

As he was thinking this, he heard Lin Luoqing inquire, "are you in a hurry to rest once you return?"

Qin Ruyun was confused. She raised her head to look at him, unsure of what he meant.

"If you're not in a hurry, I can practice with you the part you're playing in. I saw your scene and it indeed could do with some improvements. Do you want to practice?"

Qin Ruyun hurriedly nodded her head, but then asked with worry, "will it be a bother to you?"

"No," Lin Luoqing smiled, "I don't sleep that early anyways."

"Thank you," Win Ruyun hurriedly bowed her head to express her gratitude. If it weren't because they were sitting in the car, Lin Luoqing suspected that she might stand up and give him a full blown 90 degree bow.

"You're welcome," Lin Luoqing responded gently.

When Qin Ruyun heard his tone, her gratitude only increased. Her tears started to swell in her eyes again. Qin Ruyun hurriedly turned away and looked at the phone in her hand without saying another word.

Lin Luoqing watched and only felt she was even more pitiful.

The journey back to the hotel could be considered steady. Qin Ruyun said she would return to her room first to change. Lin Luoqing agreed and simply told her his room number before heading up first.

When he saw Qin Ruyun again, she was still wearing the same thin layer of costume she wore from the set. She gripped the edges of her dress awkwardly and said nervously, "Yang Ge, he....I don't think he's back yet."

Lin Luoqing understood. It seems like this Yang Ge has intention to deliberately make Qin Ruyun suffer a bit today. Even if Qin Ruyun called, this manager of hers would probably refuse to answer. Or perhaps he may and give her another scolding.