30

"where is jaylah?" Bronx looked at rayal keeping his face straight "probably in the gym" "right" as rayal walked down to the gym room, he clenched his hands. She won't answer his calls and now he's fuming. As he entered the gym room, there was jaylah running on the treadmill. "JAYLAH" jaylah heard rayals voice and slowed to a walk before getting off the treadmill. When she faced rayal, she removed an ear bud "you have not answered my calls" "no" "why not?" "You hit me" "you deserved it" "they wouldn't be after me if it wasn't for you. How is it my fault?" Rayal swiftly moved and pinned jaylah against the wall by her throat, looking her dead in the eyes "I took you in jaylah, I put you through school, found you a job and a place to stay. This is not the way you should treat me" jaylah turned her eyes and rayal grabbed her jaw "you don't turn your eyes from me when I am speaking to you. You shouldn't have been out. It wasn't an emergency" "I was getting money for the poker game which you knew about" "once again you speak back to me. You will be training" "fine" "get out side" rayal is more angry at himself. His only niece has been spotted and now has a target on her back. As jaylah walked out side, Barron grabbed her and threw her to the ground. She refuses to speak to him. As she stood, Barron went to hit her but she blocked it "you pissed your uncle off. Today will be A lot worse" jaylah stayed silent as barron, threw punch after punch. Blocking a few, Barron sent five her way that she couldn't stop. 'well I will be bruised for a while' "GET UP" jaylah stood up and Barron continued. He knows she can handle it but he's worried. Jaylah won't speak to him.
Inside, kalem and Christophe watched from the gym room. There's nothing they can do to help her. "She got back up" kalem nodded "they are fucking hard hits" "yep".
As barron continued, jaylah blocked as many as she could. Each hit was hard but she will stand her ground. As barron laid one last punch, he felt that he had hit her bottom rib, feeling it break. "Shit" jaylah kept her face straight. She will not let her emotions out. "Boss we can't do any more" "more" "we can't" "do not fucking speak back to me Barron" jaylah took a deep breath. 'shit that hurts'.
Barron looked at jaylah keeping his emotions hidden. "ready?" When jaylah didn't respond, Barron knew she wouldnt talk. She is pissed off at not only rayal but him too for breaking her rib. Laying more punches into jaylah she only blocked the ones mid waist. She knew she was bleeding but Barron didn't stop until rayal spoke "stop" Barron stepped back wanting to help her but even if he wanted to, jaylah won't allow it. Jaylah wiped the blood from her lip as rayal walked down. "You went against me jaylah. This is what happens. You could've fought back but you didn't. Why?" Jaylah stayed silent and rayal back handed her "boss.." "STAY OUT OF IT. Speak up" Barron put his head slightly down as rayal hit her again.
Inside kalem and Christophe both had watery eyes. "Why are they doing that?" "I don't know. Maybe to see her break" "he has hurt her" kalem showed a slight nod.
"I said speak up" "IT WASNT MY FUCKING FAULT" rayal hit her again this time punching her mid waist, jaylah wanted to scream but held it as she fell. "Get up. Go clean yourself up" as jaylah got up she looked at Barron with hatred then walked away. "Boss why are we doing this?" "To teach her a lesson. Let's go" Barron took a deep breath as they both walked inside.
Leaving the house, rayal got in with no emotion while barron sat silent. He just broke her rib and rayal punched her in the same spot. She's right, it's not her fault someone is after her. It was a threat to rayal. He's worried and this is how he acts.
Entering the bedroom, jaylah locked her door and removed her shirt. Leaving her sports bra on, she walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. "Shit" taking a deep breath, jaylah moved from the mirror and turned the shower on. Putting her phone and ear pods on the basin, she kicked her shoes off not caring about her pants and got under the cold water. Standing in the shower with her hands on the wall, she let the freezing cold water hit her waist. At every point, she wanted to flinch.
As Bronx entered the bathroom, he went to close the door. noticing jaylah in the shower, he stopped 'shes wearing clothes in the shower?' bronx entered and looked at how jaylah had positioned herself. She's not in there to get clean. Putting his fingers in the water, it's freezing cold. "Jaylah" "I knew you were in here. If you want me to get out.." "no. But why are you in here?" "My ribs broken" "WHAT?" "He broke a fucking rib and then uncle punched me in the same spot" Bronx rushed out to the kitchen, not giving a fuck about anyone else and grabbed a large ice pack. 'they broke her fucking rib' "boss is that for jaylah?" "Yes did you see what happened?" Christophe nodded "yep" "how bad?" "More than last time" Bronx immediately rushed to his room and closed the door before entering the bathroom. "Jaylah I have an ice pack here" jaylah turned the shower off and moved. When Bronx caught sight of her stomach region and face, he clenched his hand. "I will get you a towel" "thanks".
Bronx rushed to grab a towel then handed it to jaylah. Jaylah put the towel around her body and stripped out of her pants, leaving her underwear on then stepped out. "I will grab them jaylah, don't worry about it" "thanks". Jaylah picked up her phone and ear pods then walked into her room while Bronx followed. As she sat on the bed, she closed her eyes. "It will hurt for a while" "yeah I know" "here jaylah" jaylah dropped her towel leaving it over her bottom and legs and placed the ice pack onto her side. 'how could they do this to her?' as there was a knock on the door, bronx moved to answer it "shit I didn't know you were in here boss" "jaylah needed help. Jaylah.." "he can come in" kalem entered looking at jaylah. His heart sinking at the state she is in "shit jaylah. They were some hard hits" "yeah one hard enough to break my rib" kalem looked at Bronx then back to jaylah as he swallowed hard "your uncle?" "No, Barron. Then uncle hit me in the same spot before telling me to get up and clean myself up" "shit" kalem moved to kneel down in front of jaylah. "He cut your lip too" "yeah no salty food for me" kalem grinned "well I can't smoke, it's withdrawals together huh?" "I was running today. Christophe has to quit" the men laughed "want me to go get him. You can tell him" "yep" kalem chuckled as he left the room. "Christophe coming to see jaylah?" "Yes where is she?" "In her room" Christophe followed kalem to jaylahs room. When he walked in, he stopped in his tracks. "shit jaylah" "you have to quit. I was running today" "what?" "We had a deal" "fuck" Bronx and kalem laughed "I'd laugh but it's going to fucking hurt" "hard hits" "yeah she has a broken rib" "well lay the fuck down and rest" "when I get changed" "she got herself wet" "lucky you" jaylah grinned "it really wasn't that exciting" the men laughed. "You know what this means don't you?" "what?" "You can't run" "nope. I ran, you quit. Stick to your end of the deal" "oh come on, technically.." "Nuh" Bronx and kalem laughed "you made the deal. Hey if I can, so can you" "yeah I know but the drinks just don't taste as good without one" "looks like six weeks of no exercise which means you will be fat soon jaylah" jaylah grinned "never thought I'd be so keen to be fat. Pasta would be good" kalem laughed "you and fucking pasta" "hey it tastes good" "what pasta?" "Any. But now I'm kicking you three out because I need to get changed" "need help?" "What?" Jaylah smirked "no thanks papa, I'm good" "I was only going to get Sally. I'm not helping your sorry ass" "yeah fuck you too" the men laughed "that's incest, no thanks" "glad we agree" kalem and Christophe walked out "I know you are my boss and all but I'm ordering you to leave" Bronx had a cheeky smirk on his face "you still owe me" "owe?.." jaylah held in her laughter as she looked at Bronx "not bad boss, not bad" "we talking about my comment?" "You nearly had me laughing" "it's not that small" "out out out" Bronx laughed "nearly got ya" "trying to hurt me?" "No I don't want that. Just to see you smiling".