81

After getting out of bed, jaylah didn't even bother with her hair and walked to the kitchen. Not giving anyone attention, jaylah made herself some toast and a coffee before taking a seat at the kitchen table. 'i don't want to join everyone at the dining table. What am I going to do?, It not like I have to sit around and rest. If I sit around, it's only going to make my mind wander and I don't want that. Maybe the gym then work' eating her meal in silence, men walked in and out. She doesn't speak to them anyway. "morning jlee" "morning emit. I want to speak to you" "what's up?" "Do you want to do anything with kalems grave?" 'this I wasn't expecting. She just lost her baby and she is asking me about kalems grave' "is there something you had in mind?" "A plaque" emit sat down "any idea what you would want on it?" "No" emit showed a slight nod "in memory of kalem Milton. Forever in our hearts" jaylah raised her head to look at emit "that's perfect. I will have a look at the companies that deal with it" emit showed a small smile. 'its nice of her to ask me. I have been mates with kalem for fifteen years. "I think it's only right.." "jaylah the stuff is yours" "I can't exactly wear his pants. I'm short" emit chuckled "you are keeping his hoodies though aren't you?" "And a few shirts but if you want the rest, have them" emit nodded "alright. May as well get some use" jaylah grabbed her plate and cup. "I will go get them for you" "you don't need to do it now" "it will keep me busy emit" "alright".
Jaylah placed her dishes in the sink then walked to her room. Keeping kalems hoodies, jaylah grabbed his jackets, pants and most of his shirts before walking out again. "jaylah?" Jaylah stopped as she looked at Sally "you shouldn't push yourself too much. Carrying a baby.." "Sally no" jaylahs eyes watered as she walked away. "Sally.. jaylah lost the baby last night" "what?" Sally looked at gage with wide eyes "she.. oh shit" "you didn't know Sally but I thought I'd let you know" Sally showed a slight nod. 'shit I put my foot in it. I wasn't having a go at her just caring. I didn't even know. It must've been after six last night'.
"Here emit" emit looked at jaylah as she kept her head down. He can hear it in her voice that she's upset. Placing the clothes down, emit pulled her to his front as he wrapped his arms around her. "We are all here for you jaylah" "WHY ARE YOUR ARMS AROUND MY SISTER?" Emit shook his head "comforting her Lucian" "Lucian" Lucian looked at Bronx as he stood just outside of the kitchen. Bronx can't face her right now "let's talk" Lucian showed a slight nod. Following Bronx to the office, they both walked in and took a seat. "You are allowing those men.." Bronx put his hand up telling Lucian to stop. "We lost the baby last night lucian" Lucian put his head down 'my sister lost her baby. Shit' "the cramps she was having were only the start. Don't get on her case. I'm.. I'm struggling to face her right now. I don't care if those men have their arms around her comforting her. I don't care if they are in her company. Its not easy for both of us. Just let it go. I can't push her away any further and we both need support" "shit. I'm sorry Bronx. Sorry for your loss" Bronxs eyes watered "yeah.. thanks" "anything I can help with?" "No. I have it handled but I appreciate the offer" Lucian nodded.
"Thanks for all of this" "it's fine. Thanks emit" jaylah walked back to her room and grabbed her ear pods.
Exiting her room, jaylah walked to the gym room and stepped on the treadmill as she turned her music up to full volume.
"Walk away, if you want to
It's okay, if you need to
You can run but you can never hide
From the shadow that's creepin' up beside you
There's a magic runnin' through your soul
But you can't have it all
Whatever you do
I'll be two steps behind you
Wherever you go
And I'll be there to remind you
That it only takes a minute of your precious time
To turn around
I'll be two steps behind
Yea, yea
Take the time
To think about it
Just walk the line, you know you just can't fight it
Take a look around you'll see what you can find
Like the fire that's burnin' up inside me
Now there's a magic runnin' through your soul
But you can't have it all, no
Whatever you do
I'll be two steps behind you
Wherever you go
And I'll be there to remind you
That it only takes a minute of your precious time
To turn around
I'll be two steps behind
Yea, yea
Oh, ho
Oh, there's a magic running through your soul
But you, you can't have it all
Whatever you do
I'll be two steps behind you
Wherever you go
And I'll be there to remind you
That it only takes a minute of your precious time
To turn around
I'll be two steps behind
Yea baby, two steps behind
Oh sugar, two steps behind"

"Has she said anything?" Tyson shook his head no. Lucian looked at jaylah as she continued to walk on the treadmill. Her head is down, with a hood over it. Seeing her step back and turn the treadmill off, jaylah never looked anybody's way. "It's best to let her reach out to you. She has spoke with emit this morning" "I seen that".
Entering the office, jaylah grabbed her chair and sat down. Looking at all the paperwork as the music continued to blast in her ear, she grabbed all of the papers. Sorting through everything, jaylah then moved to in front of the computer. Zoning into the work, jaylah took her time as she put every last one of the numbers into the computer.
Entering the office, Bronx stood still as he noticed jaylah working. 'why is she working?. She shouldn't be working, not at the moment. Maybe she is trying to take her mind off of losing the baby' slowly walking jaylahs way, jaylah felt Bronxs presence. Not sure how to face him, jaylah kept her eyes on the screen. She can't hear him anyway, the music is blaring in her ears.
'she has music at high volume in her ears. I can hear it from here' Bronx sat down in his chair just watching her with the paperwork, not sure what to do. 'i may as well get some work done'. As both sat in the office, others around the house were all trying to keep themselves busy. It's hit everyone close to Bronx and jaylah hard. None of them know what to do or how to help. "Do you men want something to eat?" "Ahh no thanks" "Nuh I can't stomach anything right now. Thanks though" Sally showed a slight nod "it's fine. Just trying to keep myself busy" "yeah we get it".
Finishing everything for the day, jaylah put her head on her arms. 'what do I do for the rest of the day?. I need to do something'.
Bronx watched as jaylah dropped her head on her arms, no sure what to do, he kept his eyes on her. All he wants to do is pull her close, to hold her and apologize profusely but apologizing isn't going to help any of them.
Jaylah stood up not even giving Bronx a glance and walked out of the office. 'i need to eat then go do something. I need to keep myself going'.
Entering the kitchen, jaylah moved to the fridge and opened it up. Vex and lucian looked at jaylah as she searched through the fridge. 'hmm a salad will be good' grabbing everything out, jaylah kept her eyes away from the men and made a salad before putting everything away and grabbed her bowl of salad then walked out to the dining room.
Taking a seat, Tyson moved to sit beside her "really? Salad? That shits boring" "there wasn't steak" Tyson Chuckled "you should've been male" "why?" "How much you eat and what you eat" "nothing wrong with liking food. Just got to work it off" "Nuh that's a lot of effort" "you will get fat" "all muscle" "liar" Tyson grinned but he knows jaylah is struggling. He's just trying to take her mind off of it. "Emit said you are getting a plaque for kalem?" "I think it's fitting. He deserves it" "he definitely does" "I gave him his jackets, pants and some of his shirts too" "you keeping his trunks huh?" "they are gone already" "so just his hoods and some shirts?" "Yep".