51

As jaylah walked to her room, Bronx came out of the office. "Jaylah" "Bronx" "what are you up to?" "Not going to get my ear pods" "and why aren't you going to get them?" "Because I'm not going to the gym to try the treadmill" "oh no you don't" "I told you I'm not" Bronx smirked "yep" jaylah grinned as she walked into her room. Grabbing her ear pods and her phone, jaylah turned to see Bronx blocking the door way "nope" jaylah grinned "I can get out that way" "well go on then" jaylah opened the door only to quickly walk out of her bedroom door as Bronx ran to his room. Walking down the hall way, Bronx smirked "you cheated" "nope. Just smart. This is why I do the paperwork" Bronx internally grinned 'i will get her later' hearing someone clear their throat, Bronx turned to see Sally with a cheeky grin "what's going on boss?" "Nothing Sally. What's going on with you?" "Oh there's something going on. You see that woman avoided my question today by asking me a ton of questions in return" "did she?" "Yes" "hmm that is strange. What did she ask you?" "Many things like you are doing now" "I can ask questions, I'm boss" "hmm yeah you are. So I think I should ask you" "oh look it's time for a bourbon" "well then I think I should join my boss for a bourbon" "why is that?" "Why not?" "Alright. let's have a bourbon" Sally internally grinned "so something is happening?" "Yeah we are having a bourbon. Are you going to ask me the same question?" "That was the question" "well we both know we are having a bourbon now don't we" "not the answer im looking for" "you don't want one now?" Sally chuckled "there seems to be a lot of happiness in this house lately" "well that's a good thing. With all the rest of the bullshit we need some good times" "good times you say?" "Yeah well I don't want everyone being unhappy. Still need to do their jobs though" as Sally kept pestering bronx he made them both a drink "here drink this" Sally grinned "well it's a good drink, I can see it will make me happy" Bronx chuckled "you are going to keep pestering me aren't you?" "I'm not pestering you. Just having a drink with my boss. It's been a while" "that it has. Now I'm moving to the dining table" Sally internally grinned. If he thinks she'll stop he has another thing coming.
As they both moved to the table, the men looked their way "drinking on the job?" "I can, I'm boss" "Sally?" "It's my job" the guys laughed "It's about that time".
"Right, I'm going to get her" "oh this is going to be fun" "how do you plan on doing that" "by picking her fat ass.." Sally and Bronx laughed as the guys walked off "hes like a lost puppy without her" "they are close" "and nothings going on?" "There's something going on" Bronx internally grinned "those two are like brother and sister, that's all there is to it". "Put me down you three" "yeah when we are in the kitchen getting you a drink" "argh you could've just said you wanted to drink" Zaire, kalem and Christophe carried jaylah out making everyone at the table laugh "I see you need those protection lessons" "she does not. That's why we are here. The treadmill was attacking her" "was not" Sally chuckled "putting her down?" "Not yet. We haven't made it to the kitchen" "love you kalem" "hate you too".
"Argh can you put me down now?" "No" "yep. I need to make drinks" "one drink then I'm going for a long hot shower" "later. we are drinking. Maybe play a game of truth" "what are we in highschool?" "You drank in highschool?" "I would not" the guys laughed as they put jaylah down "you are so full of shit" "just cos you three played up doesnt mean I did" "you aren't innocent just acted it" "stop ruining my princess image" "that fucking tiara broke years ago" kalem had a cheeky grin on his face but didn't say anything "supposed to back your sister" "she will back herself" 'oh here we go' "your drink princess" "thanks servant" "welcome now get out there and sit the hell down".
As jaylah walked out, Sally looked her way. Jaylah sat down right beside Sally "all shiny?" "What?" "Oh those nails. Still shiny" 'fuck my life' "yeah should last a while" "argh" jaylah looked at Sally "what's wrong with you?" Sally looked at her drink and sculled it "my glass is empty" jaylah chuckled "you sure that's the problem?" "yep yep. You sure you don't need to be filled up?" Bronx wanted to laugh "for now I'm fine. thank you for caring about my wellbeing" "oh you know me, just looking out for people" jaylah held in her laughter as kalem, Christophe and Zaire sat down. "So now I'm here, what are we doing?" "Well truth is out. How about twenty questions?" Kalem showed a small grin before he covered it. "How about cards?" "No bets?" "No. You took my damn money" the guys laughed "go get some" "I'm a damn princess, I can't leave the house" "well I think we should make bets" jaylah shook her head while Bronx internally grinned. 'sally and kalem are as bad as each other' "looks like that can't happen. Better luck next time" "I'm sure we can come up with something" "what is with you two?" "Just kalem being his annoying self" "so we playing without bets?" "Sounds good to me".
'argh this woman. She's not giving me anything. I will find out' 'this man is stubborn. I will just suss them out and see if I can pick something up'.
As Sally walked out she grinned seeing cards on the table. "I'm in" "well come take a seat".
"Oh come on this is shit. He's cheating" "not cheating" "not speaking right" "argh" "fucking hell" sally chuckled "bloody sore losers".
"Oi. what are you two planning for your birthdays?" "Hey nah it's her twenty first, she can choose" "fuck I will take that" "how young are you turning?" "Twenty one. Ask jaylah" "definitely" "alright so we are having a twenty first. Sex, drugs and rock and roll" jaylah and Sally laughed "drinks" "drinks" "and food" "oh come on, no girlfriends?" "Do these men know us or not?" "I guess not" kalem internally grinned "argh I can't play anymore" "you and me both" "how you going to hold up on your birthdays?" "You are going to let me sleep in" the men laughed "not fucking likely" "Bronx send them to work all morning" "don't listen to her" "I agree with Sally" "oh piss off" "hey hold up, why do you two get to call him bronx?" "So can I" Elliot looked at Calvin "why?" "Cos those two are female and I'm his cousin" "well shit. Fair enough" jaylah looked at Sally then at the kitchen making Sally grin "we should go get a drink" "yeah I agree" "you just said.." "changed our minds". As jaylah and Sally walked out, Zaire laughed "they are up to something" "jaylah will be pigging out on food" Bronx smirked "both" "let's go ruin their party" the men laughed "let's do it".
"Oh how yum is this" "as yum as the boss?" Jaylahs eyes went wide before she laughed "where the fuck did that come from?" "Hey you didn't deny it" "didn't deny what?" "How good this is" "what the.. oh nah give me some of that" "I haven't even tried it yet" Sally chuckled as she turned away "how about some dippings jaylah?" Jaylah internally grinned "bring it over" "plan to try some?" "Maybe" "thought you might" Bronx looked between jaylah and Sally "are you two alright?" "Dandy just thought about kabana and dips" jaylah stood at the bench cutting the kabana trying to hold in a laugh. "Cheese Jaylah?" Jaylah grinned "tasty?" "Yep" "sure" "just fill up a damn platter" "sounds like a brilliant idea" jaylah put her fist to her mouth holding in her laugh "jaylah, are you alright?" Jaylah looked at kalem "good now" "ladies don't burp" "she does" "held it in this time. I've improved" getting everything on a large platter, jaylah kept her eyes away from Sally. She knows Sally is stirring her up and just wants an answer to her question. As they all exited the kitchen, Sally nudged jaylah "well?" "Let's eat" Sally grinned "yeah.. let's do that"  as they both took a seat, the men joined them. All of them digging in, kalem had his eyes on jaylah while Sally looked at Bronx. 'what are those two women up to?' 'yeah that man is infatuated. But they have both kept their distance. Is there actually something going on or have they just been messing around and making their friendship better?'.