89

'i think its time I go home' jaylah sat at the bar, having a quiet drink. 'its been six weeks and I don't know if I am winning more than I am losing. After the crap yesterday, I think it's the best option'.
"She's back" jaylah looked at the boat times "having a drink Bennett. Don't have a job to do?" "Keeping an eye on you" "why? Think I'm going to rob the bar for all its alcohol?" "No. You are planning to leave huh?" Jaylah looked at Bennett "yes" "why?" "The holiday can't last forever" "it doesn't have to be a holiday" "its the plan" "I think marshall might have something to say about that" "what is he? My father?" "No but you lost" "I forfeited. I didn't lose" "you walked away, which means you lost" "I didn't make a deal" jaylah sculled her drink "you made a deal as soon as he sat down at your table" "what?" "You don't get it do you? He wants you" jaylah rolled her eyes "jaylah" Bennett showed a cocky smirk before walking off. 'i need to get the hell out of here' jaylah walked to her room and packed her belongings. When her door opened up, jaylah stood tall with her arms crossed. "this room is paid for" marshall looked at jaylahs stance. 'yep she is on guard' "I own this resort" "and I have outstayed my welcome. I'm leaving" "why?" "It's time I go" marshall walked her way and trapped her to the wall. "You lost. You stay" "I didn't lose, I left" "two more days?" "Why two more days?" "Three?" Jaylah shook her head "what do you want marshall?" "You" jaylahs eyes went wide "no.." "give me a chance to win my money back" "you don't need the money" "and you do?" "No" "what do you do for work?" "Finance" "it's either you are doing deals on the side or you are lying" "inheritance" 'shes not giving me anything. Even being so close, her eyes haven't changed' "your parents died?" "Yes" "were they shot too?" "Slaughtered" 'shit' "two days to win my money back. Give me that atleast" jaylah internally grinned "a day" "that's a long game" "haven't got it in you?" "I've got it but do you?" "Yes" "then let's go" "give me five minutes" "fine. I will be waiting" 'im not stupid. I know something is going on' when marshall walked out, jaylah grabbed her photos and important paperwork including her passport putting them in her pants then walked out. Seeing marshall standing against the wall, jaylah stopped "well?" "Let's go" 'five thousand. This is a big game. I need a feed' getting the bar, jaylah looked at the menu. "Ma'am?" "A scotch and a burger" "yes ma'am" jaylah walked to he table and sat down. When marshall joined her, jaylah noticed four of his men stand up and walk out.
"Hungry?" "Fuel" marshall showed a slight nod "five pot" Marshalls eyes went wide "you wanted a chance to win your Money back. I have fourteen left. Bennett has joined which means you lost five" "alright. Five it is" marshall shuffled the cards "whether I win or lose, I leave" "have it your way" marshall internally grinned. 'this woman is intriguing' "what's in?" Jaylah put five hundred in "five?" "Yep" "okay".

"Here ma'am" "thanks".
"Where are you heading?" "Back to America. My holiday is over" "all paid up?" "Yes for three more days" marshall showed a slight nod "eat, then we'll play" "okay".
'boats leave every two hours. I keep this game going until one a.m, I can get the hell out of here' jaylah ate her burger. when she was done, she wiped her mouth and had some of her drink. As soon as the plate was cleared from the table, marshall shuffled the cards then dealt them out. 'king and a nine. Good cards to start off with' seeing a ten, jack and nine get put in the center jaylah spoke "check" "check" marshall put another card out 'king' "check" "check" when marshall put the last down, jaylah looked at it 'two pair' "check" "check. Face up" seeing marshall with two pair aswell, his sat higher "yours" marshall took his money back, leaving jaylahs five hundred in there. Adding another five hundred, jaylah kept her eyes on her surroundings. Seeing one of the guys walk back in from earlier, he walked straight up to Bennett. Witnessing Bennett take a deep breath, jaylah internally grinned and picked up her cards that marshall just dealt. 'two jacks' "check" "check" marshall discarded a card then put three down 'jack, queen, three' "check" marshall put in another five hundred 'i dont mind. The quicker the game, the better' matching him, marshall tried to read jaylah but couldn't. When he put the last card down, jaylah spoke "check" "check. Face up" jaylah put her two jacks down making marshall grin "yours" jaylah grabbed the money, leaving five hundred In the middle.
Spending six hours playing, marshall sat back "need to stretch?" "Hungry" looking at the money, jaylah internally grinned 'a thousand more to win' "want something?" "Mine is already paid for" marshall put his hand up and spun it around. 'argh what time is it?' jaylahs eyes shifted around the bar. 'midnight and a lot of men are still here' when Bennett walked their way, his eyes were set on jaylah "having a good night?" "Your boss is trying to win his money back" "decided to stay?" "I'm paid up for three more days" Bennett grinned "good to know".
"Marshall, is there something I can get you?" "A quiche and whatever miss Mathers wants" "pasta" "tomato based?" "Yes thanks" "make it two more scotches as well" "yes marshall".
"So three more days in paradise huh?" "No more games after this though" "why not?" "It's I win or lose. I'm leaving either way" "bored of the island?" "no the views are stunning" "and yet you have sat at the bar most of the time" "it's the reflection on the glass" Bennett smirked "the view is just over there" "the entire island is a view" "that's true".

"It's was a good game" marshall smirked "had to make it good since it was the last one" "now I need sleep" "we both do" jaylah and marshall stood up. "Are you right getting back to your room?" "yep. See you when I'm looking at you" both heading to their rooms, jaylah looked at the time. 'shit I have fifteen minutes' racing into her room, jaylah chuckled 'yeah they have been in my bag' checking through her bag for a tracker, jaylah grinned. 'there isn't one. Time to go' rushing out of her room down to the pier, jaylah jumped on the boat. "To the main shore ma'am?" "Yes I missed my last boat" "you made this one just in time. Find a seat" "news I like to hear. Thank you" "STAY SEATED UNTIL WE ARE STEADY EVERYONE" when the boat started to move, jaylah internally grinned. 'its time I go home and see everyone'

"Did you find anything?" "Nothing. No papers, memorials, passport, money. Just clothes" "only clothes? That doesn't make any sense. She had to get here somehow. With out any of that, it's not possible" "maybe she keeps it on her" 'give me five minutes' marshall Internally grinned. 'She knew my men were going to raid her room but how did she know?'
"She knew" "what?" "She knew something was up. My guess is she only had them on her tonight. We can try again tomorrow" "alright. Have a good night" "yeah you too"

"We have arrived" jaylah grinned "thank you" "have a great time". Jaylah stepped off of the boat and walked to the airport. 'i can't wait to sleep. I'm exhausted. There better be a flight back'.

Spending all day at the bar without a sign of jaylah, marshall stood up and walked away to jaylahs room. Unlocking the door, when he walked in, the room was empty, all but a note that sat on the bed. Grabbing the piece of paper, marshall smirked 'nice try marshall. See you when I'm looking at you. By the way, nice resort' "fuck she got out of my grasp and I have no fucking idea where she is" "talking to yourself?" Marshall looked at Bennett "letting out my frustrations" Bennett looked around the room "she left?" "Yep" Bennett shook his head as a small laugh escaped his lips "well I will be damned. she left with out any of us knowing" "must've been just after the game finished" 'fuck she was a beauty and really smart too. Argh' "that's my guess. What time did you two finish up?" "At about one thirty" "she caught the two o'clock boat out. Think you will see her again?" "No. Fuck" Bennett chuckled "sorry" "I need another drink" "and a pull by the sound of it" "shut up Bennett" "hey, I'm not denying that she was glamorous" 'oh yeah she was'.