101

"have everything?" "Sure do" "good. Hand it over" "here boss" Zaire grinned "hey wait, what about your belongings?" "I have already taken mine" "nice on the inside?" "It is" "good". Exiting the room, jaylah walked with Zaire. "How is your back feeling?" "Fine" "liar" "okay it's fucking terrible" "then rest" "yeah I will" "before you do anything else" "you really think I'm resting before eating?" "You haven't ate?" "No" "why the hell not?" "It may have been a bit of a struggle to get out of bed" Zaire took a deep breath "pain killers and rest" "I will after I eat. I need to go get some first" "I will get it" "I will be out anyway" "fine you win" jaylah internally grinned.
Arriving at the house, jaylah looked around. 'not bad on the outside' entering the house, jaylah took everything in. 'fancy' Zaire laughed "what has you laughing?" "You. Scrunching up your nose at the formal side of the house" "oops" Zaire chuckled "you have the main room" "what? Why?" "It has its own bathroom" "yeah but.." "Nuh. Us men decided" "argh".
Entering a large room, jaylah looked around. "I don't need all this" "you've got it" 'this is way too much. Large bathroom and closet. What have these guys got?' "oi, what have you three got?" "Our rooms are just as large" "better be" "would you stop worrying about everyone else" "not you three" Zaire grinned "fine. Ready?" "You don't need.." "I'm coming. You said your back is fucking terrible" "yeah but.." "nope. Let's go" "I'm never winning" "not at the moment" "fine". "we need to get some food in this house" "and drinks" "I have three bottles already" "what?" "Yep. Took six back with me but only took three out" "glad you did. Should've only taken one out" "yeah well I was an idiot" "were you planning to give Bronx another chance?" "No" "so why go back?" "For you three and kalem" "so what now?" "I will have his ugly head around my room" "you grabbed the photos?" "Three" "the ones with just you and kalem?" "No two are of kalem and I and the other has emit in it" "you are going to have his ugly head on your wall?" "Yeah he goes alright".
Getting to the bar, jaylah looked at the steps "take it easy" "I'm fine" "you are so full of shit" "shh" Zaire chuckled. Grabbing a menu, jaylah and Zaire both sat down.
"Ay, they have bacon" Zaire laughed "changed the menu?" "Yep".
"Ready to order?" "Yep" "I will.." "I can" Zaire glared at jaylah "fine. I will let you order. A cappuccino two sugars and the bacon deluxe" "stay seated" "yes boss" "whose boss?" "Not you" Bennett smirked "nor is he" "he's one of mine" Bennett moved to sit down. "Not a rule follower are you?" "No but I will listen to these three men" "and this is why you won't be working?" "No. I don't need to work. If those three are happy working then good for them" "marshall is pretty relaxed anyway. As long as the place is getting patrolled by the person when needed, it's fine" jaylah showed a slight nod.
"Settled in?" "my stuff is there but I'm not settled" "at all?" "we just dropped my things there and came here. I will do it later" "fair".
"Your food and cappuccino will be out soon" "thanks Zaire" "using him as your slave?" "He offered and why not take advantage of his kindness, that's so very rare" Zaire chuckled "you are so full of shit" "okay to me you always are" "yep".
Sitting in silence, Bennett got up and walked away "what was that about?" "Spoke about me not following rules and you guys working. He asked if the reason I am not working, is because I don't like rules. I said no. I don't need to work" Zaire grinned "you don't completely trust him" "I hardly know him" "yeah.. I know what you are like" "you shouldn't trust so easily either" "I dont. But us three need money"
"If you needed.." "no. We arent spending all your cash" "someone has too" "you will run out" jaylah shook her head as she grabbed out her phone. Bringing up her account, she handed the phone to Zaire. Seeing his eyes go wide, jaylah internally grinned "what were you saying?" Zaire handed the phone back as he shook his head with a grin on his face "you don't even show it" "I don't need or want to. I'm who I am" "yeah don't change" "what no fancy lifestyle. Mojitos on the beach?" Zaire laughed "I doubt it. That's not you" "never will be. I enjoy a scotch or.. oh I havent even tried a beer here" "beer.. oh fuck no. We need to try it but not today" "have you men made an agreement?" "No" jaylah looked around "TYSON" Zaire laughed "you are going to try convince him aren't you?" "Yep. I need a buddy" "what's up jlee?" "Tell me why you chose to work" Tyson sat down "we are going to run out of money. We need to live" Zaire showed a small grin as jaylah spoke "you see, I have a really big problem" "what problem?" "I won't have someone to help me spend mine" "jaylah we can't be spending all your money.." "it's... never-ending" "what?" "I have plenty" "nah I'm working" "we came here to relax though" "you did. We came for freedom" "but if you start.." "jaylah. Men" jaylah immediately shut up. "Marshall" "boss as of tomorrow" jaylah looked away as she rolled her eyes. Zaire picking up on her attitude, he spoke "I've decided not too" "what?" "Nah man. We are here to live a peaceful life, you know" marshall looked at the way jaylah looked out over the beach "is there a problem?" "No problem" "jaylah?" Jaylah straightened her face then looked at marshall "having a good morning?" "Yes" Zaire internally grinned "here is your cappuccino and bacon deluxe" "thanks stunner" Clarissa laughed "no worries".
"This looks good" "it does" "want some?" "Nah you eat". 'is there something jaylah isn't happy with?. Zaire obviously knows something' "you don't want to work for me, Zaire?" "No. I appreciate the offer but I am here to relax. I just got out from under one boss and I think it's time I live my life" "alright but the offer still stands" "appreciate it" when marshall walked off Zaire spoke "you and I are speaking in fucking private" "I'm eating" "is there something wrong?" "No" "she needs to eat and rest" "fair" eating her meal, jaylahs leg kept moving. 'as of tomorrow it's boss. Argh' Zaire picking up on jaylahs change, he already knows the problem. 'it's what marshall said. That doesn't sit well with her'.

Across the bar, marshall stood with Bennett. "Tell me. Did jaylah mention anything to you?" "About what?" "Anything?" "No. I can't work her out. She messes around but only when those guys are around and she was polite yet short" 'its a trust thing' "Zaire has chosen not to work for me" "he said he was happy to" "yep but he just said he is refusing the offer and I have a feeling it has something to do with jaylah" "but you two.." "Nuh. it's not to do with us two. There's a trigger and I'm not sure what it is" "ask her or him" "he isn't going to say anything Bennett. Those two are thick as thieves. He pulled out because of her. My guess is whatever I said, upset her or annoyed her and he picked up on it" "tyson and emit?" "Tyson still is. Don't know about emit" "if you want him, it's best to speak to him before jaylah does" "I want all of them and her" "she's not working" "I know she can shoot though" "straight?" "She killed Giovanni who worked for Lucian without practice And killed rayal Metcalf" "what?" "Yeah and he was her uncle. She nearly shot Lucian too but Bronx stopped her" Bennett took a deep breath "emits at the table now" marshall kept a close watch on all of them. 'she hasnt changed. Seems it's only with Zaire. Even before I approached the table, she was different to when I approached'.
"I'm not working for marshall" "what about funds?" "I have enough" jaylah internally grinned "it's your choice emit" "yeah well I need money" jaylah looked at emit "do you want to work?" "Yes" "alright" "is there a problem?" "No not at all. I'm happy for you emit" "okay. So what's the plans for today?" "I need to get things sorted in my room" "I understand that. Are you coming back out for drinks?" "No. I'm going to buy some coke and drinking at the house" "with what?" "I have bottles in my bag" "from when?" "When I went back to america. If you want to drink out here. Go for it" "but what about you?" "I'm drinking with her".