88

"boss, we have no information. There isn't a thing about her in the database" marshall stared at jaylah from across the bar. "How can she have no details?. I want to know if she is a threat" "a woman?" "She's smart for the average tourist. Keeps an eye on her surroundings. She has been here over a month and I want to know why" "alright".
Jaylah removed her sarong, as she stood near the railing. Walking down to the waters edge, jaylah looked out over the water. 'well I'm only fifteen thousand up kalem but it's been peaceful here. It's like a dream'.
"No ring?" Jaylah looked at some guy she has never met "no" "not married?" "Not even close. Do I know you?" "No we have never met but you are a beauty" 'argh, what is with the men here' when the guy moved closer he put his hand on her ass and jaylah immediately pushed him away "you don't touch me" "come on now. Alone, wearing a bikini showing off your body.." "it's the beach?" Jaylah shook her head "look I'm not here to get picked up by anyone. I'm here to enjoy my holiday. Just leave me alone" "you have many men eyeing you off" "well maybe they should remove their eyes" "how can we?" Jaylah quickly sussed out three other guys that walked closer 'yeah I don't think so' jaylah went to walk away only to be grabbed on the arm. Hitting the guys hand away, another guy tried to grab her and jaylah spun then took off back up to the bar. Putting her sarong on, jaylah moved to the bar. "A scotch" "yes ma'am" "a drink won't save you" "IS THERE A PROBLEM HERE?" "Piss off man. That's my girlfriend" "eww" marshall internally grinned "I know miss Mathers and she isn't with you four men. If you are to cause trouble in my paradise, I will have men putting you back on the boat you came in on" "until later.. miss Mathers" "don't bother" "here ma'am" "thanks".
"What's your deal?" "Excuse me?" "You have been here for over a month. You aren't here with anyone. endless money and not here to give a man attention" "you have either done your research and can't find anything or you are just intrigued" 'yeah she's smart' "I'm holidaying" "escaping?" "I can't escape" "can't escape?" "The only thing I'm running from, is my mind" "that's hard" "yep". Jaylah sculled her drink, then put it on the bar. "I guess you are always at the bar?" "Keeping watch" "you have men. Part of a mob?" "Not a mob miss Mathers, just business partners" jaylah showed a slight nod 'im not believing that. I have been around a lot in my life and I know darn well nine of his men sit at this bar'. "I came here to heal. That's why I am here. I'm not a spy. I'm not trying to find a husband or even a one night stand. If I have outstayed my welcome then I will move on" "why would you say you have outstayed your welcome?" "I didn't but you have nine men looking this way with curiosity. What is it that you want marshall?" "I'm surprised you remember my name" "I don't forget and you didn't answer my question" "to know who you really are" "jaylah Mathers. Born on the seventeenth of September. Two siblings one blood, one not and the one that's not, is the one I was closest too but he died" "how?" "He was shot" marshall tapped the bar. "Marshall. A drink?" "Make it two scotches".
"Those nine men are yours and I'm sure they aren't business partners. Let me guess, you are a boss and they are all carrying just like you have two on you" "you pay attention" "a lot" "why?" "I grew up needing to" "here marshall" seeing the same woman glare at jaylah, she smirked "have you fucked her before?" "That's personal" "well if you have, she wants more. If you haven't, you have an opportunity to" marshall looked at celena then back to jaylah "jealous?" "Nope. I'm only here to drink" marshall Internally grinned "then why say it?" "Everytime she sees you with me, she glares at me. I'm not threatened though, I was just curious. Thanks for the drink" jaylah moved to an empty table and sat down. Marshall looked at celena "you are to keep everything professional celena. Glaring at customers is not the way things run here. Do I make myself clear?" "Yes boss" "you have no rights to steer women away. This is a business. If she is paying, you act polite and hand me those cards" "yes boss".
'this woman is a damn mystery' marshall looked at Bennett as he approached jaylahs table and sat down. Witnessing how she acted with him, marshall internally grinned 'this woman doesn't care'.

"Are we friends?" "You have been here a while now, thought I'd come to get to know you" "I'm not staying" Bennett sat back "why not?" "It's a holiday. I told a friend he can't sleep in my bed and I plan to go back and find out if he has" Bennett smirked "a friend?" "Yes" "I call bullshit" "call it what you like. He's like a brother. More trustworthy than my real one. If you are insinuating I have romantic feelings for him, you are wrong" Bennett grinned "okay I hear the sincerity" "you don't know me and yet you trust my word?" "I don't see why you have a reason to lie" "I don't. But if you think I don't know you work for marshall, you are stupid" Bennett smirked "are you here to cause trouble?" "No" "do you know who were are?" "You are Bennett. my guess is, his right hand man and that's marshall the boss. The celena chick is a worker and has her eyes on your boss" Bennett Chuckled "she has for years" "well if he wants her, she can have him" Bennett internally grinned "you know. No woman has turned him down. Is he not your type?" "He doesn't have green eyes" Bennett smirked "green eyes?" "Yeah. I'm fond of green" "light or deep?" Jaylah shrugged "I like green" "okay so he could be poor and you would still go for green?" "Who said he?" Bennett's eyes went wide "a woman as gorgeous as you shouldn't be a lesbian. What about us men?" "That's why your dick is at the end of your hand" Bennett laughed as marshall took a seat "that's not as pleasurable" "so you admit it?" "What.. argh, fucking hell" jaylah sipped on her drink. "Cards marshall?" "I have money to win back" jaylah smirked "I never said I was playing" "you came here to drink and play cards" Bennett internally grinned "I want to count that deck" marshall handed the cards over and jaylah counted them then removed the jokers. Putting a thousand on the table, Bennett and marshall did the same. "I have a deal for you" jaylah looked at marshall "why a deal?" "Hear me out. You lose, you stay for a bit longer. You win, you can leave" jaylah smirked "you think you can stop me?" "You know my men are here" "and?" Bennett let a small laugh slip "do you have any idea who we are?" "No and I really don't care. If you arent going to drink and play, I will retreat to my room" Bennett and marshall looked at each other than at jaylah "looks like we are playing cards" 'she is a hell of a woman. She doesn't even care who we are or what we are capable of' jaylah eyes drifted to the bar but she kept her eyes on marshall as he dealt. "A hundred in" jaylah put a hundred in as she kept her eyes on the four guys that tried to get her earlier. Playing not only cards but keeping her eyes on the men, Bennett looked between the four guys and jaylah "we have a problem" "sort it" Bennett raised his left hand in a circle and pointed to the four guys as he held his cards in his right hand "check" "check" "check" "face up" jaylah put her cards down and Bennett grabbed the cash. Watching six men walk the guys way, jaylah put her money in "good night" "the games not over" "my night is" jaylah walked to her room and closed the door before locking it. 'those four men are going to cause me trouble'.

Bennett looked as the four guys were grabbed "she took her opportunity while she had it" marshall looked at Bennett then at the four guys "that was the problem?" "They have been eyeing her off all night" marshall showed a slight nod as he internally grinned "she knew they were waiting for her" "seems that way" "any idea who she is?" "Sound like she is grew up In a mob" marshall Internally grinned "you don't think she a part of one now?" "Nuh".