63

"you want me to tell you about myself. A bit for a bit" Lucian internally grinned "I was homeless before a woman took me in" "I was taken in by uncle ray" "I went to school and completed my schooling" "went to school. Completed my school. did a hair and beauty course and quit" Lucian internally grinned "when did you join with Bronx?" "I was twenty" Lucian showed a slight nod as jaylah grabbed a chair. Going to sit, Bronx sat down pulling jaylah on his lap "how did this friendship come about?" Jaylah looked at kalem then at lucian "the day I moved in. He made me feel welcome" "and who is she to you?" "An older sister" "how did this happen?" "She helped me" Lucian nodded "had some troubles?" "A few" "six shots, a broken rib, broken cheek bone and many bruises" "from your men?" "None" "good to know. Who did they come from?" "Five bullets from Barron. He tried to kill kalem" "and you took the bullets?" "Yep" "the other one?" "Was today" "TODAY?" jaylah nodded "yep. Uncle barron found out Bronx and I are together" "and he wasn't happy?" "It seems so" lucian grabbed out a file and threw it on his desk. Jaylah looked at it. 'a yellow folder with the words, private and confidential' jaylah picked up the file as Bronx and Lucian spoke. Zoning out of their conversation, jaylah moved to the corner of the office with kalem by her side. Reading the entire lot, kalem clenched his hand 'this is my sister and her life has been fucked up. She has been betrayed and lied to. Hurt and deceived' "jaylah, what do you want to do?" Jaylah looked at Bronx, Sally and Lucian then at kalem. 'im going to kill him' "I can see the look in your eyes. You won't be doing it alone" jaylah chewed on the inside of her mouth "wake up jaylah. We are here for you" "I know you are but this isn't your battle" "I think it is. Your uncle rayal said what?" "That I dug my own grave" "so we speak with Lucian" "it's Bronxs house, not mine" kalem tapped jaylahs head only to hear a gun Glock. "put the fucking thing down" lucian looked at the scene in front of him "you don't touch her" "he can touch me as much as he wants unless it's sexually then I will put a bullet in his ass" Bronx grinned "what she said" Lucian looked between Kalem and Bronx "alright. You obviously trust him" "with my life" Lucian nodded.
As jaylah approached the table, Bronx could see the looks in her eyes. "Uncle rayal. What's your plan?" "I want revenge" jaylah looked at kalem then at lucian "why look at him and not your partner?" "Those two have an understanding" "and this doesn't bother you?" "If it did, he'd be dead" "over my fucking dead body. No one touches him" lucian looked directly at jaylah "is that the way it is?" "Yep. Some one touches him, I'd be dead before they kill him" Bronx already knows that "and yet you took a bullet for him" Lucian looked at bronx "yep. I'm not here for you to question my motives" "jaylah let your walls down" jaylah looked at kalem then back to Lucian "are you a threat to kalem or these two?" "If I was, they'd be dead" "I doubt that" Bronx stood up and looked at jaylah "I know you are tense but you need to relax. He's on our side not rayals" jaylah looked at kalem "I'm talking to you. Not him" jaylah glared at Bronx and he immediately stood back "I am done here" "jaylah I.." "kalem?" "Yep" "Sally?" "I'm with boss" "right" jaylah and kalem walked out "what's up jaylah?" "That infuriates me. I will not be spoken down to and I will not be judged" "JAYLAH" Jaylah stopped in her tracks and turned to face Bronx "don't you dare yell at me. You don't tell me what to do" "IM YOUR BOSS" "WELL I QUIT. GO FUCK YOURSELF" "jaylah.." jaylah walked out and slammed the door. As kalem ran out, his heart beat picked up "jaylah be clear on what you want" "MY LIFE TO BE FUCKING NORMAL. HOW FUCKING DARE HE SAY THAT TO ME" kalem nodded "you know what this means?" "Yep" jaylah got in the car as kalem did. Kicking the car out and down the drive way, the gates were closed. 'right' jaylah stopped the car and got out "you open the gates or you die it's your choice" "boss said.." "MAKE YOUR FUCKING CHOICE" the men stepped back and opened the gates. Jaylah got back in the car and took off. "I'm sorry kalem" "no we can do this" "your car?" "We'll sort it" jaylah took a deep breath as she took off out of the drive way.
"Bronx?" Bronx looked at Sally "I fucked up" "shit" Sally put her head down "fucked up?" "Yep. If jaylah has one thing in mind, she sticks to it" lucian inhaled a long deep breath "my sister is quite stubborn" "and you?" "Yes. so where's this leave us?" "I need a car" Lucian nodded as he grabbed a set of keys and threw them on the desk "do what you need to do" 'shit I pissed her off which is something I didn't want to do' "thanks Lucian. we'll be in touch. Sorry she had a visit from rayal this morning and is quite tense right now" "expected. Want me to try speak with her?" "only if you want to"
Lucian sat back in his chair 'that sister of mine has balls, I give her that'.
"Bronx, what are we going to do?" "Get back as soon as we can. Hopefully before those two leave" "you think they would?" "Jaylah will. She's got a lot of shit on her mind right now.." "yep that she does" arriving back at the house, Bronx parked behind kalems car blocking it in. Entering the house, Christophe was standing with a look of anger on his face "cool it". Bronx walked down the hallway to jaylahs room.
"Jaylah listen to me, you do this.." "out" kalem looked at Bronx with a slight nod then walked out.
"Jaylah look I know you are tense right now and I pushed your buttons.." "what do you want boss?" Bronx grabbed jaylahs arm and pushed her gently to the wall. "I'm not your enemy and don't call me that. To you, I'm Bronx. Okay I annoyed you on top of everything that's already happening and I'm sorry but don't be angry at me" "you don't speak down to me. You told me you are my boss" 'i need to tread really careful' "I was annoyed. Lucian isn't used to you and kalem being so close. He only wanted to know what was going on. I could see what ever you read wasn't good but don't be angry at us" 'argh I need to check on her' kalem entered the room to see Bronx had her pinned against the wall but wasn't hurting her "jaylah are you good?" "Yep" kalem showed a slight nod then walked out. "People do not need to get on my case. It's my choice what I do and I wasn't lying.." "you have proved that already. None of us will forget. Doesn't mean we want you to do it again" "if it came down to It, I would" "just like today. You took that bullet" "it's fine" "it's not fine your mind is just elsewhere. I don't want you going anywhere" "well I won't be staying if you aren't on my side" "I am on your side. I wanted you to relax" "I can't relax right now. You and I both know damn well that uncle rayal is going to come here firing" bronx showed a slight nod "yep. It's something I have to speak to the men about" Bronx moved back and walked out. As much as he wanted to pull jaylah close, right now isnt the time.
"Men" "boss" "we have a really big problem" "rayal and his men?" "Yep" "what do you want to do?" "Full security" "what are we talking here?" "Not us. Weapons. We may have an alliance that can help but that I'm not too sure about right now".
Jaylah walked out behind bronx, eyeing off Rey, he showed a slight nod. He knows she wants to use his car. 'i plan to go alone. I don't need anyone there for me but I do need to discuss some shit with Lucian' Rey looked towards the hallway and back to jaylah. Leaving the men to talk, jaylah walked to Rey's room and opened his door. Seeing his keys on the bedside table, jaylah entered and grabbed them. Exiting Rey's room, she closed the door and walked out the back of the house. 'its time to go see Lucian alone and sort it out'.