// Deranged //

-Ink_Ribbon- / -SilentEvil-
These are the possible backstories I've come up with for Slade, if you like any of these, or you were to want to combine any of these, I wouldn't mind at all.

I'm using the INK cover of "Can't Help Falling in Love" since that's been mentioned as being a good representation of Kiku x Slade, which I find really cute.

AU: None - Dead by Daylight Universe

Ship: Kiku x Slade

Imagines(Or backstories in this case):

Slade possibly being a Ghostface killer from another universe. Since there are multiple universes that Dead by Daylight combine, this is of course a possibility.
Rather than him being like Danny or the Ghostfaces from the Scream films, he'd be his own version/variation of the iconic killer.
Such as his outfit having a uniqueness to it that represents him, similar to how Danny's outfit is rather different than the ones in the films. 
It could also possibly explain him pursuing a relationship with Kiku. Imagine how lonely he might feel seeing that another Ghostface is inherently happy while he's still alone, especially if it's with a girl that he personally sees as his perfect type.

Slade being a werewolf. This would make him both a victim and a killer. During the day; when you aren't playing, he actually sets up traps in order to stop himself from hurting the survivors. He hates hurting others, but in his werewolf form, he's unable to stop himself. He wants to do what he can to avoid hurting people he never wanted to put in harms way. He doesn't care if the entity punishes him for his rebellion because he wants to control something in his life.
This could make for an interesting dynamic between him and Kiku. Imagine if one day uring a match, he's able to regain himself very suddenly, coming face to face with this short girl in his beastly form. He lets her run off, but the second she's gone and he can no longer see or smell her, he returns to those darker instincts, which would prompt him to find out about this girl, primarily because he's began to believe she just might be his mate, something he once believed was just fiction.
He eventually finds her and finds out about her, which actually makes his heart ache. She's someone who's been made a victim twice, and the second time warped her mind to the point she's similar to him, both good and bad. Someone who has to hurt because they have to and not because they want to.
He'd likely dislike Danny for two main reasons. One being that he took advanatage of an emotionally fragile girl and made her dependent on his love. The second being that Danny of course has his hands on what should have been his.

Slade becoming a Yandere himself, but a violent one.
Imagine if before Danny knew Kiku was in the game, she was actually dating Slade, another survivor. Though after Danny warped her mind, she's been made to forget Slade.
When Slade finds out about this, he's understandably heartbroken, especially since Danny won't let him close to her.
This could end up driving him to some type of breakdown that would lead to him becoming a killer that is focused on Kiku.
Like, rather than just immediately attacking her in a round, he confesses his feelings, and if she rejects him, then he'll attack her, while with others, he'll immediately attack since they're in the way.
Or, instead of him having a past with Kiku, he just naturally falls for her when he becomes a part of the game.
This would play off the fact that Kiku and Slade have been shown to be mutual Yanderes for one another, rather than one being disgusted by the other.
Imagine Danny thinking that everything is perfect for him because he managed to turn what should have been the person who held the most anger towards him, into his personal helper through manipulation and mind break.
That is until Slade comes along and sets his sights on Kiku, being a foil to Danny. He treats Kiku with respect, he protects her when she's a survivor in his rounds, and he doesn't manipulate her into sabotaging others to repay him for his protection. Slade is everything Danny isn't and that's a problem for Danny, especially on the days he makes a mistake that causes problems for him and Kiku, which in turn presents opportunities for Slade to swoop in.

*

I didn't have too many backstory ideas, but if you like any of these and want to use them, combine them, or make your own variation for them, feel free to!