// "Don't cry about him" //

-Ink_Ribbon- / -SilentEvil-
Sorry for the random tag, I ended up getting an idea that I thought you might like. It's based on "This Is What Makes us Girls", or more of the themes of friendship and love that are in the song.

This idea takes heavy inspiration from past scenarios, but also has unique factors of its own that add more depth to the characters.

AU: This idea takes place in an AU of the Scream Universe, or at least a partial AU. Characters are aged up just a bit, this being their early twenties.

Ship: Multi-Character Chapter, so there's no specific ship since there'd be romantic interactions between Kiku and the LIs and platonic interactions between Slade, Stu, Billy, as well as other included characters, such as Charlie, Hank, and possibly Jude if you'd like to see both Slade and Billy explore their Daddy issues.

Imagine/Idea:

Things had started out innocent enough. An outcast and a quiet girl becoming best friends that is. They spent nearly all their free time together. The only time the girl had dedicated to others was the regular babysitting job she had for a little boy.

The father and son were admittedly at constant odds. The father was probably the wealthiest man in town. In fact, there was no doubt that he was. He was a businessman who had traveled a lot and decided to settle down in Woodsboro because he thought it was an innocent small town. He worked a lot and didn't have much time for his son. Now, he was nowhere near as bad as Hank Loomis because the man did genuinely love Slade and did his best to spend time with him, he just struggled to understand his son. He also had some views that conflicted with his sons.

One thing that was a constant point of contention was that Jude saw Slade's friendship with Kiku as a non-beneficial one. He thought the girl was sweet enough, but he also believed that Slade needed more friends. He knew Slade had a lot of trouble fitting in due to his intimidating looks and build, but he knew it wasn't impossible. He was convinced that Slade just had to be more commanding in order to get what he wanted. It worked for him, so it'd work for his son.

When Kiku admitted to Slade that she had to leave for the summer, he was left not knowing what he'd spend his summer doing. The past few summers he spent with her and occasionally the little boy she babysat.
Their time together had always been rather innocent. Other than Slade drinking a few beers, the two were typically always having an innocent time. Usually spending their time going to carnivals, watching scary movies and cuddling, and just having fun. Slade actually enjoyed it when Kiku brought her charge with her, a little boy named Charlie since the boy liked Slade as much as she did. He even called Slade "Wolfy" since Slade reminded the little boy of a Wolf. Though according to the little one, he was a good Wolf, not like the Wolves in Sheep's clothing that his brother and his brother's best friend were.

On the day that Kiku left, Slade went home from seeing her off a bit dazed. This was because Kiku had kissed him right before she left, which was something Slade had been wanting for a while but had been too afraid to do himself.
Though the young man didn't get a chance to break himself out of this daze before his attention was once more needed. The second he got home, his father announced that he had landed Slade a job at a video store since he had a free summer, unlike the previous few years.

Slade was opposed to this idea at first. He hated social situations. While he was this big-looking tough guy, he was actually pretty awkward and struggled to speak to others and click with them. This was why Kiku; or his Kitten as he called her, was so special to him. She and he had clicked immediately.
It didn't help that people immediately assumed his looks defined him and acted like they were walking on eggshells around him. Was it so hard to believe that a big guy like him wanted to be liked and loved as much as the average person?