// The Tables Have Turned //

-Ink_Ribbon- / -SilentEvil-
Sorry if the tag is a bother. This imagine/scenario is based on a previous RP that a certain part of gave me inspiration for, but that I kept neglecting to write out.

There is a slight interactive aspect of you choosing who the LI is. You can just tell me in the comments who you'd want to have that role.

This is undoubtedly an angstier chapter.

If you want to relate the song at all to the chapter, feel free to, though honestly, I just used it since I love the song. ^^

AU: Monster AU

Ship: Kiku x *Character or OC of choice; you can pick who you think would be best for this role*

Imagine/Scenario:

Monsters have always been seen as freaks. Rather than being viewed as unique beings, they instead were viewed as these fearful creatures that were purely dangerous to humans, even the monsters that were human-like in some way. Monsters were used to being ridiculed and mocked, even hunted and having their place of living destroyed. This though was more true in the past than it was in the present, though the weariness caused by the past still remained.

One day, a human woman met a monster man. The man seemed afraid that she'd scream in terror and run off to out him. Instead, she kept still and quiet, offering him some of the food she had brought on her outing as a means to say she wanted peace. The man accepted.

Having never actually spoken to a human before; only seeing the carnage some caused for monsters, the man decides to take this opportunity to speak to the human girl.
He spends the night drinking and eating the food she was willing to share, and getting to know the girl.

The girl; or Kiku as he learned, actually surprised him by calling him beautiful and saying she liked his features. She even reached a hand up and caressed his cheek, unafraid to touch him.

After this night, the girl and the man agreed to meet up often, the man claiming to have enjoyed her company.

For a while, they got together at the same place that they had met, but eventually the main claimed he trusted her enough to let her see his home and meet his pack as he referred to his small group.

The girl noticed that her monster friend seemed to be the odd one out of his group, with the others, mainly the girls, seeming to hold a slight disdain for the man. The girl eventually asked about this.

The man explained that he wasn't lucky in love and had tried to find a mate many times, each time ending in heartbreak for him with his past lovers ending things by claiming he was far too immature. Kiku felt quite saddened upon hearing this and embraced the man in a hug. Ever since she had met the man, she had felt rather deeply connected to him and enjoyed his company. In simpler terms, she had been falling in love with him.

Eventually, the man asked the girl to be his mate, claiming that while it wasn't conventional, it didn't matter a bit because he loved her.

After officially becoming his mate, the man wanted to announce this to his small group. In particular, he wanted the only other man in the group to know that he had claimed a mate. This confused Kiku at first until the other man muttered irritably that with her lover being the only male to have a mate, it made him the alpha since one hadn't been designated.

Upon hearing this, Kiku suggested that rather than her lover taking the role of alpha; and inherently the role of leader, both the men work together since both were intelligent, but in different fields and could likely accomplish more together than apart.

In response to this, her lover got upset and claimed that she should keep quiet, that her idea wasn't appreciated.

A bit startled by the change in demeanor, the girl spoke up, saying that as his lover, she'd appreciate it if he respected her and not criticize her suggestions so harshly, especially if he wanted her to remain his.

The next few moments felt like a blur to the human. She found herself thrown up against the wall, various rocks and such, digging into her back as she was forced to look up at the man she called her mate. As a monster, he was far bigger than her, especially given that she was shorter than most humans.

The man claimed that he wouldn't listen to nor respect a weak human, let alone one that was a girl. He went on to admit how disgusting he found humans to be and how much lower he viewed them in comparison before he dropped the girl to the ground, finally letting her free of his threatening grip.

He hadn't actually loved or respected the girl at all. He had just known that from the moment she called him beautiful that she had fallen in love with him, and he knew he could use this for his own benefit. He just wanted a mate so he could take the power he so desperately wanted. A human who didn't truly understand what everything entailed made for the perfect pawn. He had used the girl, telling his sob story of being unable to find love to garner sympathy, treating her kindly and making her feel accepted in his group, and treating her very gently and with kindness.

When he noticed that the girl wasn't standing up, he felt as if this reinforced and proved his sentiment that humans were indeed weak in comparison to his kind. Though when a few minutes more passed and she still wasn't getting up, he moved close to her once more, wanting to see what was wrong.

Examining her, he was relieved to find that she was alive, but a bit startled to see that the back of her shirt was ripped in a few places and that she was bleeding from where cuts had formed from the sharp rocks that had dug into her back.

Lifting her up, he put her in a sitting position, though this was when he noticed that she wasn't unconscious as he had believed her to be. Instead, she was awake, tears streaming down her face as she stared at him silently, a dull look in her eyes.

Moving a hand to caress her cheek; not really understanding what moved him to do so, he felt his heart skip a beat when he saw her wince and start to cry harder, a fear that she had never previously displayed now at full force.
He tried to embrace her as he had many times in the past, tried to wipe away her tears, he even tried to kiss the tears away, desperately trying to return the girl to normal, but instead, she started to cry more and freak out, flailing and squirming in a futile attempt to get away from the much larger man.

Eventually, her resistance died down, as did her crying, as she began to grow tired. The man ended up being left holding a girl who was sniffling every so often as she forced herself to stay awake due to the fear she felt.

The human had just wanted to be loved but was left traumatized and scared. Once unafraid of the monster holding her, she was now nearly petrified. Everything that she and the man had shared was gone the moment he had harmed her. Yet she was bound to him as his mate. What a cruel fate.

*

I hope; despite the imagine/scenario being angstier, that you enjoyed the chapter!