// Fleeting Fairytale //

KabalsWife
I kinda realized it's a bit of a theme for Eve to have their LIs connected to Fairytales, since in most fandoms we RP for them, we do lots of Fairytale AUs.

Well, due to that, I was thinking of MK Eve and the backstory I did for their parents and Eve, and it kinda made me think-

What if Eve always wanted to have their own fairytale, but never knew that in actuality, their whole life was a fairytale, just a realistically horrific one?

Imagine:

They never knew that their life was the "Fairytale Dream" they had always wished for. Not until the truth was found out during a fight with their husband, Shang Tsung.

Their father had been an Edenian warrior who had found a portal to Earthrealm, and having allowed curiosity to get the better of him, he traveled through the portal and found himself in a world that felt so advanced, yet at the same time, far weaker than his own.

He stuck out like a sore thumb and found himself fumbling his way through this world. When he found himself in the conundrum that he couldn't buy the food he needed given the different currency he had, he was helped.

A beautiful woman had stepped in and offered to pay for his meal. She was sweet and gentle, but also strong-willed, and she was happy to help this breathtakingly handsome stranger. They shared dinner that night.

Both found out that night that love, at first sight, was real.

For some time, the Edenian man spent his time in Earthrealm, wooing his lover. He planned to try and escape and stay in Earthrealm, he planned to make a life with her. But battle called him away, and the last thing he was told before he left was that he was to be a father to a daughter and that his lover would be waiting for him to return.

He never returned though. While the battle didn't kill him, he was left with scattered memories, unable to remember Earthrealm or the portal to it properly. His mind wasn't what it once was, and for many years, he wandered, hoping he'd find his way to his wife and child.

One day, he met a sorcerer. The man promised to one day let him see his daughter if the man agreed to let him have them in marriage. Desperate to know what had become of his lover and find out about his child, he agreed despite the churning in his stomach.

It was when his child was in their mid-twenties did they finally meet them. They had been dragged to the Mortal Kombat tournament by an arrogant movie star from Earthrealm who seemed to be a close friend to them.

Near immediately, he watched as they fell in love with a man they met at the tournament.

He desperately wanted to introduce himself, but he couldn't figure out what to say. And when he did finally work up the courage to speak to them, he was stopped when he overheard the plans that Shao Kahn had for the Earthrealm women in the tournament, this being to make them concubines if given the opportunity. And this included his child.

While he knew it was very foolish, he challenged Shao Kahn, and this led to his demise.

As these memories that had been revealed to them ended, Eve stood, mouth agape eyes wide as they stared at their husband. The man they had fallen for at the tournament.

The sorcerer Shang Tsung, the very man their father had promised them to.

Eve had their fairytale all along, but the villain had gotten the happy ending in this one.

~

I hope you enjoyed reading this! If you want to do a scenario based on this, I'd be happy to!

I just thought this could be interesting to write since Eve seems to be strongly related to Fairytales as a character like Kiku is to horror. Though I don't quite know how to relate that to a Kiku MK tale in that case. ^^;