// Macabria //

Okay, so this is a chapter I wanted to make after thinking about an old AU we did(We only did one scenario for it, so don't feel bad if you don't remember it), that was based on a game I really liked.
I thought it might be nice to revisit the AU.

Game for reference:

Characters:

Jude, Slade, Charlie and Kiku.

Imagine/Scenario:

For as long as the little boy could remember, he, his father, and his older brother had lived in a cabin in the woods. And he had never been allowed to go out at night, only during the day. His father and older brother though, often went out at night.
He figured he wasn't allowed to go out at night because he was so much younger. His older brother was fully grown already, while he was only about 7.
He was also warned that further into the woods, a witch resided. His father was very clear that he was to never travel into the deeper woods, regardless of whether it was day or night.

Now that he was starting to grow older, his father had agreed that on Halloween night of that year, the boy, Charlie as he was called, would finally be allowed out at night, though he'd have to stay close to him or his older brother, Slade.
His first time out would be in celebration of Halloween and Autumn, a festival the town they lived on the edge of had every year.

But, being the curious little boy he was, Charlie wanted to see the world at night and explore it, and one night, an opportunity presented itself to him.
His father was tired from helping the town prepare for the festival, and his older brother wasn't home. As of late, he noticed that Slade was away more often, mostly in the morning and at night, and neither he nor his father knew where Slade went.

Jude mentioned that while he was tired, there were some mushrooms he needed to collect from the woods, but that he supposed he'd just get them the next day.
After Jude went to bed, Charlie decided to sneak out and collect the mushrooms, planning to place them where Jude usually kept them, that way it would just seem that Jude had accidentally overlooked them.

When he went out, the sun was still setting, but as soon as it had become fully darkened out, a bright light enveloped the little boy, and when he came too, he saw that he was no longer human, but... But a scarecrow?! Was this why he wasn't allowed to go out at night?

His head was a jack-o-lantern with glowing eyes, and his body was soft, filled with straw. He wondered why this happened to him, why he was like this, but he figured that maybe it was a curse that had been placed on him, like in the fairytales his daddy and brother sometimes read to him.

Deciding not to think so much about this, he began to collect the mushrooms, placing them in a little basket he had brought with him.
After he had completed this task he had set for himself, he went to head back home, but he squeaked out when he got caught in a trap.
Oh no, his daddy would be so mad at him for this. Especially since he had gone into the deeper woods to get the mushrooms, the one place he was never supposed to go.

As he was attempting to figure a way out of a trap, he heard a soft voice singing to itself, and when he looked up, he saw the witch that everyone warned him about... But she wasn't scary or old.

When the witch noticed that there was a little boy caught in a trap, she immediately leaned down and helped him out of it.

"I hope you aren't hurt too badly, people in town often set up those traps in the hopes I'll get hurt," She murmured, gently checking over his leg. Noticing there was a small scratch with straw sticking out of it, she took off a piece of cloth from her dress and tied it around his leg.
"There, that ought to do for now. So, what is such a sweet little scarecrow boy doing out so late at night? Your parents must be worried sick."