// Corspse Bride/Groom Hellsing AU //

-lesbianwitch- / Cellswife
Sorry if the tag is a bother at all, our Beetlejuice x Kiku Corpse Bride scenario gave me an idea for a Hellsing Corpse Bride AU.

This chapter will be set up slightly differently since it already has an established universe and AU.

Roles:

The Corpse - Alucard
As seen before, Alucard can go into a dormant state and become very corpse like to the point; in the manga at least, his hair is grey and he's become gaunt.
Imagine if after Integra passes, his new master can't handle him, and having Seras, he forces Alucard to once again become dormant in a crypt.
Though after that Master dies and he is left with no one, he remains dormant, but aware of what's around him since his freedom has been restored.
In an early version of the script in the Corpse Bride, it was said that Emily watched Victor when he'd go into the woods to draw. Imagine that Alucard has done the same with Kiku, and is aware of her presence.

Lord Barkis - Jude
This could play out in a multitude of ways.
Jude obviously of course isn't who killed Alucard when he was Vladimir, but imagine if in this AU, he had known Kiku as Lykos/Lyko and Jude in the past. As Lykos, he was her dearest friend and companion.
As Jude though, he expects that as a handsome; albeit middle aged, noble, and one of very few friends to Vladimir, he can marry Kiku, which is quickly dismissed.
Out of anger at being rejected by the woman he loved despite her not knowing his true identity, he abandons her despite the bad sense it gives him.
Years later, he intends to marry her reincarnation, but he holds onto her with a grip far too tight, and due to the past, is harsh and critical of his bride to be.
In between the distant past and the present, he did briefly marry and have a child, but that ended in heartache as well. And in a way, he blamed the dead woman because had she just loved him those years ago, he wouldn't ache as he did now.

Victor - Kiku
Kiku is a clumsy and shy young woman, so it's admittedly obvious she'd fit the role of Victor. Though she does have some aspects of Victoria's character, she fits the role of Victor far better.

Victoria - Slade
Slade starts out in this AU as a character not focused as much on, but that doesn't mean he isn't important. He very much is.
Until Alucard was made dormant, he worked with him. For years, he saw Alucard as a monster for killing his abusive monster, though with him suddenly no longer being there for the boy, he does come to appreciate the affection Alucard showed him and the strength he helped Slade to have. Most of all though, the freedom that Alucard allowed him to have is what he appreciated most.
He realizes this after he finds and connects with his real father, Jude, who wants Slade to be reserved and his ideal. Unless his interests fit Jude's idea of what his son should be, they're dismissed. This isn't because Jude wants to hurt Slade though. This is because he's afraid if Jude is like how he was, he'll end up hurt just as he was and never find love.
Slade would start as an ally to Jude, but due to his father's treatment, he'll start to branch out and become the man he once was, especially with Alucard back to encourage him, as well as Kiku.

Idea:

The scenario would start with Kiku practicing her vows with Jude, nervous about doing so.

In particular, the idea would start with Jude's reaction to his bride messing up the rehearsal.

Typically when we do Corpse Bride AUs, they start at point where the corpse has been resurrected, but I thought it'd be nice to start at the rehearsal since it'd start on showing Jude's character and allow all the characters to develop from start to finish.

Let me know what you think of this AU!