// Unconventional //

-Ink_Ribbon- / -SilentEvil-
This chapter is based on a previous roleplay; which in turn was based on a mature manga series called "Cherry Road", which I thought could be interesting to expand on.
I've also been thinking a lot about this AU since it actually ended up being a prototype of the Zombie version of Kiku that we use for our Monster AUs. I think it could be fun to do another RP based on this AU sometime in the future, especially since it does show how sweet Slade is despite his appearance.

Due to what this was based on, there will be more mature imagines/background.

AU: This AU was never officially named, but I'll be calling it "Zombie Love"

Ship: Kiku x Slade(Some mentions of Jude, mainly because I think he'd survive as well, there was also a plot in the series with the virus being intentionally made and released, so if you were to want to do something that pits father vs. son, we could have that as well)

Imagines and Background(A lot of these focus on Slade since he has the role of the protagonist):

Slade is a survivor who's unknowingly immune to the virus. By this point in time, so few survivors remain, and so many zombies populate, that the zombies have stopped attacking. He can walk through a crowd of them.
Slade of course managed to survive through the harshest period of the zombie uprising, as well as his father, a rich man who used his social status to get the upper hand during this rough time. Slade surprisingly didn't have any help from his father in his survival, by the time the uprising occurred, he was living on his own and had a falling out with his father. Slade had survived on his own without any luxuries and earned himself some scars in the process.
Slade isn't mad about this though, instead, he's proud that he was able to survive on his own.

Slade was always considered a freak. 6'7 with black hair and red eyes wasn't normal, so people weren't too keen on the guy. In all honesty, he just wanted to be loved, so eventually after years of feeling like the odd one out, he became the asshole everyone thought he was, though this was to protect himself. This was when the uprising first occurred and he saw just how selfish people could be.
There were times he was threatened with a gun or knife to give up the food and clothing he had taken for himself.
There were times when he was nearly killed because his odd appearance gave an asshole who wanted what he had an excuse to claim that they thought he was a zombie who would kill them if they didn't shoot first.
Slade was actually glad when he turned out to be the only survivor in his small city. He didn't have to worry he'd wake up to someone taking his home anymore. His father lived in a bigger city away from him.

After being mistreated so much, he never wanted to care about anyone, but fate had other plans. Had the girl been human, he probably would have kept his sentiment, but she wasn't human.
At some point, Slade noticed a zombie girl watching him. And eventually, she even started to follow him.
He eventually decided to see what was up with her when she got hurt while watching him. He patched her up and she followed him all the way home that day. He let her stay. After that, she followed him everywhere he went and always came home with him. He grew attached to the girl.

Slade grew so attached that he started to take care of her, which he noticed oddly made her healthier. He gave her meat from stores to survive on, he got her new clothes, and he made a routine with her. He started to care so deeply for her that he bathed her, brushed her hair, and let her sleep with him in his bed. Though to his embarrassment, he did find himself getting aroused by her at times, though he never took advantage of her, instead, he took care of himself.
Though he noticed that she did start to mimic his actions over time, starting to learn to brush her hair properly and helping him clean her. Though he got a bit heated all over when she'd guide his hands to more intimate areas.
This Zombie made it hard for him to keep his composure.

She couldn't speak, at least not yet, so Slade named her Kitten. Since she followed him everywhere, she reminded him of a lost Kitten.

The Zombie girl doesn't stay away when told. Slade; afraid he'd break down and kiss her, or worse, and possibly become infected, has on more than one occasion made his Kitten sleep by herself, yet one way or another, he wakes up to find her sleeping in his bed, cuddled up against him.
It's especially hard on him when he wakes up to her with her legs around his waist and her head buried in his chest.

Slade eventually breaks down and kisses the girl, unable to stop himself. Though what surprises him is the fact she reciprocates the kiss. Though very soon after that kiss the situation escalates intensely.

Slade loving his Kitten more than anything. She treats him lovingly and doesn't see him as a freak. She's also surprisingly what he always wanted in a girlfriend, but just never found in life. They're unconventional, but they're a genuinely loving couple.
He probably wouldn't abandon her for a survivor, or another zombie, but if he did, she'd probably go off on her own, extremely heartbroken. She loves him more than anything.

They probably play video games together. Slade's Kitten may struggle to speak, but she can use her hands and tends to communicate through gestures to him. Due to this, Slade probably re-teaches her how to play video games so they can do something safe and fun together.

The girl will accompany Slade when he goes out for supplies. She doesn't need human flesh to survive, just meat of any kind.

Jude eventually finding out where his son is after searching for him, and finding out his son is dating a zombie who's becoming more humanoid by the day due to Slade's care. It's possible by that point that Slade is re-teaching his Kitten how to speak again.

*

Feel free to comment and add anything you want to these!