// A Lonely Valentine //

-_CookieCat_-
Sorry if the tag is a bother. This is the idea I mentioned in PM.

~

A lonely older man was spending Valentine's day alone after a rough day. For years, he had felt lonely. One mistake had been his downfall. Despite the money he had, no one seemed to actually like him, everything felt superficial and fake.
That day had been particularly bad. Someone had brought up his past and that had led to him being harassed. He had gone home early. It was about afternoon now.

Now that he was at home alone, he found himself sitting alone, sipping a glass of red wine as he scrolled along on his laptop. As he did so, he found himself coming across a cam site. Admittedly, within his loneliness, these had become a guilty pleasure of his. And he supposed that spending his Valentine's day on one of these sites made no difference in the long run... Nothing ever made any difference.

The young woman sat at her desk, her oversized sweater hanging comfortably on her as she nervously tapped her fingers against her desk, her eyes peering at the camera on her laptop. She had never done this before. Never planned on it either. A friend had convinced her it was a good idea. That a girl like her could make a lot of money. Why? Because she looked sweet and innocent. People wouldn't want to see her take her clothes off. People would want to talk to her and use her as a means to relieve their stress concerning their day.
The girl struggled to believe this, but she decided to give it a chance, and if it didn't work out she'd never do this again.

She had set up private chat requests, ones she could either accept or decline at her own convenience. So far, she hadn't gotten anything. She didn't feel comfortable putting on a show to an audience. It felt overwhelming. At least on this kind of site. The idea scared her.

As the man was scrolling through his possible options, he came across a newly set up profile. It was rather discreet and he had a feeling most probably just scrolled past it. There were no live shows going on. No lewd profile photo. Just a small tagline. "Come chat with me!"

Well, what the hell? He decided to give it a chance. His day couldn't get any worse.

When the girl received her first chat request, she took a few moments to click, her heart speeding up. Was this a bad idea? It was probably a bad idea. She clicked anyways.

A video chat started. This was that type of site after all. Though at the moment, the only one with the camera on was the girl. The guy had his covered.

"Are you shy?" The girl asked, tilting her head to the side, long hair falling over her shoulder.
"I'm sure you're really cute. Can I see, please?" She asked, lashes fluttering over dark eyes.

"I'm sure you wouldn't want to see. New here? You sure look it." He replied.

"Uh-huh. A friend told me I should try this out to make a little extra money." She replied honestly.

At this, the unseen man rolled his eyes and scoffed, the physical gesture unseen by the girl, but the scoff well heard. His day had been crap enough. And before he could stop himself, he got a bit nasty with the girl.
"So, is that what all of the guys on here are to you? A little extra money?"

The young woman sputtered a bit, startled to have immediately been put on the spot. This was her first video call, she didn't know what to do.
"Nuh-No sir, I just, I-" Before she could finish her attempt at forming a proper sentence, she was cut off.

"You know, you aren't what most guys on here are looking for. You're not going to make much, and just by looking at you, I can already see a few reasons why." The man harshly replied.

The girl looked down upon hearing this, some tears filling her eyes. Her friend was wrong, really wrong. This was a bad idea. Just like she thought. For a few moments, she was silent, unsure of what to say.

The man found a bit of pleasure in this. He supposed it felt nice to see the tears in someone else's eyes for once. Especially in the eyes of a girl who seemed to only want his money.
"What's wrong sweetheart? Gonna cry? The truth hurt?" He asked smugly.

The girl's gaze snapped up, staring teary-eyed at the black screen in front of her. She hated that he could see her but that she couldn't see him.
"I-I... I'm sorry Sir... I just wanted to talk." She murmured as her hand slipped up, moving to her mousepad. She wanted to end the conversation.

"You... You want to talk? About what?" He asked, promptly getting the girl to stop in her tracks.

"You, I want to talk about you. I want to help you feel better." She replied as she blinked away her tears, dark eyes sad, but the smile she forced masking it.

"Well, I suppose we can talk about me. So long as you really want to that is?" He asked a tad surprised.

"I want to."

And that was all it took. The man began to talk to the girl, telling her of his bad day, of how bad he'd been feeling recently, his insecurities, and about anything that really came to his mind. All the while, the girl talked back, trying to reassure him that he could be loveable. About how she was sure that he was cute despite her being unable to see him. How she thought he was worth something.
In contrast to this, the man found himself still putting the girl down despite her kind words. He supposed it was because it felt nice to see someone feel as he did. Especially a girl who was trying so hard to express to him how beautiful he was.

By the end of the conversation, the man felt much better. And he was certain he... liked this girl. No... That wasn't it. He loved her. She was the only girl giving him the time of day. The only person giving him the time of day. She could have cut the conversation short, but she didn't. They talked from around 12:15 to 3:45. And he was the one who ended the video call. Though he planned to start so much more.

"I'll see you soon, Valentine." Those were the words he had ended the conversation with.

All the girl could do was think about how he wouldn't see her again. That had all felt miserable. She didn't understand his need to put her down while he talked about himself. She was happy she made him feel better, but she felt pretty down now herself. His words about her hurt, they stung. She didn't feel okay in that moment. She felt insecure and maybe even a little scared.

She made up her mind then and there that after she had a shower, she was going to shut down that profile. Or at least do so before the day changed to a new one. Her friend had been wrong about the site being a good idea, and she didn't want to try again.
He hadn't donated to her anyways, so closing the profile up wouldn't cause any problems.

The girl got in the shower not long after. She felt relaxed at the feel of the warm water hitting her skin. Though she sighed to herself when she found herself scrutinizing her own body. To save from too much self-criticizing, she turned off the water and got out. She quickly dried herself off and put on the dress she had decided to change into, along with her heels, before she brushed her hair.

After all this, she headed to her living room and flipped on her TV. She didn't really care that it was Valentine's day, she had already known she'd have no date. She never went out on Valentine's day. Instead, she did what she always did, she put on a creepy film of some sort. This year, she decided to watch the short film Famous Last Words made for their Two Faced Charade album in the spirit of Valentine's day.

Right as she had sat down and relaxed, she was prompted back to her feet when she heard a loud knocking on her front door. When she opened her front door, she was met with an older man she didn't know. He was holding a rose.

"I'm sorry Sir, but you've got the wrong-" She began, but she was cut off as she was pushed into her home, her mouth covered as the rose was dropped to the ground. Her front door was promptly closed and locked.

"I said I'd see you later Valentine." The man spoke up, his familiar voice startling the already scared woman. How had he found where she lived, let alone so quickly?
"You couldn't be my valentine if I didn't actually spend Valentine's with you."

As the man uncovered her mouth, the girl took a shaky breath, dark eyes weary as she quickly moved out of his arms, peering at him.
"What do you want from me? I don't understand why you came here."

*Scenario would start there(The Love Interest can be whoever you want)*