// The Past Repeats //

-Ink_Ribbon- / -SilentEvil-
These imagines are for Eve, I thought they'd be interesting to write.

AU: None

Ship: Eve x the Oni

Imagines:

Imagine, during Eve's first trial against and first time meeting the Oni, he attempts to kill her as he's supposed to, but when his eyes meet hers, he immediately recognizes who Eve is. His attempt to hit her is thwarted as he freezes and covers his face, memories of the past flashing before his eyes. He'd collapse to his knees, a hand covering his face as he hit the ground.

Eve seeing Oni's face for the first time, but rather than being repulsed by the years of weathering, scars, and deep wrinkles and furrows, she instead reaches up and caresses his cheek, muttering that he was beautiful. Perhaps to most, he was ugly, but to her, he was beautiful, even if it was for a reason Eve was yet to understand.

Oni taking his mask off when alone with eve and somehow managing to misplace it in that short amount of time, resulting in a panic of him trying to find it. Cue Eve seeing and walking off, only to come back minutes later with the mask in hand. With a look of confusion, he asks her how she knew where the mask was, and she admits that she actually put it up so it wouldn't fall and get any damage. This results in him picking Eve up and just squeezing her tight in a hug.

Oni getting teased by the other killers because he let Eve go free with no damage during a trial, only for Eve; probably to her disadvantage in future trials, saying that they must have a few soft spots themselves since she saw them let quite a few survivors go free with no damage during their trials.
This would result in Oni chuckling under his mask, something he'd never do.

Oni taking off his mask to clean up; since he has a girlfriend now he doesn't want to smell putrid, only to come back from his self-care session and find his mask gone. He hears Eve in the bedroom, and finds her in front of the mirror, wearing the mask and doing imitations of her dearly beloved boyfriend.
Bonus points if Eve's so caught up in her fun that she somehow doesn't see Oni walking up behind her and ends up squealing or screaming as she's suddenly lifted up by her boyfriend and thrown over his shoulder.

Eve, rather than being his reincarnated love and a survivor, is instead a Japanese Urban Legend and killer. I could see, based on some aspects of her Hazbin Hotel characterization, her being a Yuki-Onna, a spirit that is most often seen in the Winter. There are many different stories about this spirit, but personally, I could see a few different aspects of the lore and stories making this version of Eve. Such as the ice butterflies that Yuki-Onna is the source of. I could see in-game, Eve wearing an ice-blue and white kimono with the effect of ice butterflies occasionally radiating off her form. Like Eve normally is, her skin would be pale, her hair black, and she'd be tall, all aspects of this spirit. Imagine though, rather than her lips being blue, they're instead a light pink or pale pink with the inner ridges being red, hinting that there is still warmth to her heart.
(Sorry if you don't like this imagine or if you're uncomfortable with me making a possible version of Eve, I just thought this could be something interesting that could add to Eve's character, especially if you were to want a killer version of her. All lore/backstory for her is of course completely up to you.)

Eve sacrificing herself in a trial to help the Oni. She doesn't know their past, so she believes she's doing this to help him avoid the entity's wrath. Though after the trial, she has to comfort him because he's trembling, seeming worse off than before the trial. This could be what spurns her to start learning more about him since he seemingly gets extremely worked up when she's in danger and is in even worse condition if she gets hurt.

*

I hope you enjoyed these images, feel free to add anything and comment on them!