Chapter 16

Chapter 16

    Changfeng Town, Lu Family.

    A mule cart stopped outside Lu's house. Lu Xun got out of the mule cart, paid the fare, and politely invited the driver to come in for a cup of tea and rest. The driver thanked him, waved him down, and drove on The car goes back to the county.

    Lu Xun entered the gate, and after a while, the voices of the two children of the Lu family shouting for grandpa came from the courtyard. Mrs. Chen, her eldest daughter-in-law, Mrs. Qin, and her youngest daughter, Lu Shuang, all heard the movement in the third courtyard, and rushed out to welcome them.

    Lu Xun hugged his little grandson who was still running unsteadily in one hand, and led his elder grandson in with the other. Before reaching the main hall, Mrs. Chen had already come out from the hallway. She was a little happy to see Lu Xun, "It's not the end of the month." Did you come back? Why is it a few days earlier?" Then     he asked Lu Shuang to fetch water to wash Lu Xun's face, and asked the eldest daughter-in-law to make tea and get some snacks, and asked Lu Xun: "I'm home at this time, but at noon? Have you had lunch yet?"     Lu Xun sat down in the main hall, put his grandson on his knees with a smile, and said, "It was supposed to be a few days before I returned, but I received it from the Li family early this morning. The letter was for Cheng Xiao, so I simply came back early, and there are Chengzong and Chengzhang in the shops on the left and right, so it is not impossible to leave."     Speaking of this, I did not see the shadow of my youngest son, and glanced towards the west chamber , asked: "Where's Cheng Xiao, isn't it?"     Chen smiled, "I went out with Babao, I guess I'll be back later."     Lu Xun has always loved his youngest son, and he just smiled when he heard it. The copper basin came over, Lu Xun got up and cleaned his face, Chen took the little grandson and hugged him on his lap to tease, thinking of the letter Lu Xun mentioned just now, he said strangely: "Cheng Xiao has only been back for less than ten days, the Li family Why is there a letter at this time?"     She wondered what the letter from the Li family was about, so she glanced in the direction of the gate unconsciously.     Lu Xun knew what his old wife was thinking, and said with a smile, "Don't worry, it's not Cheng Xiao's letter from his adoptive father, it's Brother Jue, and he should be looking for Cheng Xiao for other things."

    Mrs. Chen has no embarrassment when she was stunned by the man. Hearing that it was not a letter from the master of the Li family, she felt relieved, and cast a glance at Lu Xun, "I think you deliberately didn't make it clear at the beginning, Qing waited. Look at me as a joke, right? Can you blame me for worrying? I haven’t been at home for years and years, and I have to eat and sleep at night. Are you going to leave again, don’t you worry about those few months?”

    Lu Xun asked Rao: “Worry, of course I’m worried, but a good man has ambitions everywhere, isn’t that how Brother Li’s family fortune came out of it.”

    “Yes, The family business ran away, and his life was almost lost in the Yushui River four years ago."

    Chen now thinks of the youngest son, who was only fourteen years old, running home covered in blood and carrying someone on his back. Although he later learned that most of the blood was not his own, Chen Shi was terrified and had nightmares for several days.

    However, the real prosperity of the Lu family also started when Lu Chengxiao rescued Li Cunyi, a silk merchant from Yuanzhou.

    Because of that life-saving grace, Li Cunyi recognized Lu Chengxiao as his adopted son after recovering from his injuries, and after discussing with Lu Xun, he won for Lu Chengxiao to go to the best academy in Yuanzhou with his eldest son to study for three years quota.