Chapter 72

Chapter 72

    After returning from Anyi County, Liu Yu arranged two things, the first one being "literacy".

    Liu Yu probably didn't know the size written by Erniang Cui and the bill of lading written by Lu Chengxiao. After she came back, she asked Mrs. Wei for advice. She originally thought to ask Liu Yanping and Liu Yan'an to teach her, but she didn't expect Mrs. Wei to be able to read as well. , first read it to Liu Yu.

    It was only then that Wei realized that her niece was illiterate. It would be fine if she married an ordinary farmer. After marrying into the Lu family, she wanted to start a business herself, but she couldn't read and write, so she didn't know where to find Liu Yanqing and his three children. The thousand-character essay used at the time pointed to Liu Yanping and Liu Yan'an taking time to teach Liu Yu every day.

    Liu Yan'an was very positive about this matter, without saying a word, he went to make a sand table for Liu Yu first, and sent it to Xici Room as a treasure.

    Liu Yu stared at it in a daze, Liu Yanan said: "When you first learn to write, you can use branches to write on the sand table. It's easier than using a brush, and it saves pen and ink."

    Most of the children from the farm came here like this.

    Liu Yu raised her eyebrows, thinking it was good, using a brush would easily reveal the fact that she was not a beginner, but using a branch would be better.

    From then on, the half hour after lunch every day was fixed as Liu Yu's literacy time, and Liu Yanping and Liu Yan'an took turns as masters.

    The second one is Lu Chengxiao's proposal to invite someone.

    After discussing with Liu Yu and Wei Shi, Wei Shi also agreed that Liu Yu would do the cutting and embroidering of the clothes, and then invite two women who are good at sewing from the village to help Wei Shi do relatively simple sewing together. A set of skirts is paid 30 to 50 Wen according to the degree of difficulty.

    There are only two requirements, good needlework and delicate hands, because most of the materials that Liu Yu brings in are yarn, silk, and silk that are easy to scratch, and if the hands are rough, the job can't be done.     If there is such a thing, it is natural to take care of the same clan first. After thinking about it, Wei asked the daughter-in-law Liu Chunshan and Liu Datian in the clan. The work, the hands will not be as rough as the peasant women who often do rough work.

    When they heard that they would be paid thirty to fifty yuan to help sew a suit of tailor-made clothes, the two of them would not be happy. For many women in the village, the most difficult part of making clothes is the step of tailoring. Not good-looking, coupled with lack of proficiency, and afraid of cutting the cloth, it often takes a long time to cut.

    But if someone cuts the pieces of clothes and just sews them, no matter how detailed the work is, a set can be made in two days. You can get thirty to fifty cash for two days of sewing, which is four hundred and five yuan a month. The income of ten to seven hundred wen is the most cost-effective thing for rural women.

    It was agreed between the two parties that the two daughters-in-law would arrive at Liu's house the next day. Liu Yu felt relieved after seeing that the work was done carefully and the stitches were even and fine.

    Liu Yu's salary is to make a set, and the two women are very motivated. Every day after dinner, they go to the yard of Liu's house to make clothes, and they go home in the evening. According to this, the efficiency has really increased, and the skirt with less embroidery The four of them worked together and produced three sets in two days, one of which was exactly the one ordered by the previous customer.