Happy New Years! (f)

"Jisoo..?" Jeonghan yawned as he sat up in his shared bed. Joshua wasn't next to him like always which made the older slightly worried.

He got out of bed and went down stairs for a cup water. Once he got to the kitchen, he was confused when he didn't see his lover there.

'Maybe he's in the bathroom.' Jeonghan thought. He grabbed a glass and poured himself some water.

After clenching his thirst, he went back up stairs to their bedroom to see Joshua on the balcony.

He was sitting on their swinging chair they had installed, hugging a pillow.

"Love? Is everything alright?" Jeonghan opened the door and leaned on the frame.

Joshua turned to his lover's voice and smiled. "Everything's fine. Did I wake you up?"

"Of course not." Jeonghan let out another yawn before joining the younger on the wooden swing. "Why are you out here alone, baby?"

"I just wanted to see the fireworks." Joshua looked up at the sky and back down to his phone. "It's almost time."

Joshua showed Jeonghan the time and it was already 11:57.

Jeonghan scooted closer to Joshua and placed his hand on the younger's waist. He rested his head on the other's shoulder before speaking again. "Thank you for spending, once again, another year with me. Hopefully we get to spend another and another and for the rest of our lives. I love you, Jisoo."

Jeonghan lifted his head up and gave the younger a kiss on the cheek, making Joshua let out a soft giggle.

"Short, but sweet." Joshua says. "Thank you to you too for spending 4 years with me. The best 4 years of my life and it'll continue. I love you, Jeonghan."

They stared at each other, smiling and skin touching.

Finally, the fireworks went off and they leaned it for the New Year's kiss. Their New Year's kisses have always been soft and meaningful.

They both pulled away and smiled once again.

"Happy New Years, my love." Joshua says.

"Happy New Years, baby."

Author's Note: happy new years everyone!!
i love you all and hope you have another amazing year! hopefully 2023 will be better if you didn't like the past years.

thank you for reading my fanfics and for being so supportive with it. i love you guys!! 😭❤️

🦌