Weren't Meant For Each Other? (a)

"Let's break up."

"..What?"

Joshua looked at the older with confusion written all over his face. Why did Jeonghan suddenly want to break up? Did he do something?

"I don't think we've been the same anymore, Jisoo."

Jisoo..Jeonghan never calls him Jisoo. He only does if he's serious about something.

"Did I do something wrong?" Joshua asked, holding in his urge to scream.

"No. It wasn't you. We just...weren't meant for each other.." Jeonghan says, looking down.

Not meant for each other? Had Jeonghan always thought like that?

"Okay. I'll..I'll pack my things." Joshua says. The younger turned around and went into their- Jeonghan's room to pack his stuff. Jeonghan, however, didn't stay there. He immediately left the house once Joshua went into the room, leaving Joshua alone.

Joshua took deep breath, trying to calm himself down as he folded his clothes. But, that just led to crying and crying and crying. He sobbed, clenching the peace of fabric in his hands.

His hand trailed up to his neck, getting a hold of the necklace. the necklace Jeonghan had gotten him for his birthday. The day Joshua first moved into Jeonghan's apartment. That necklace meant nothing.

Joshua yanked the necklace off, throwing it to the other side of the room.

He stuffed his suitcase and bags with everything that belonged to him and rushed into the living room. Before he left, he looked at all the photos and things that could remind Jeonghan of him. Will Jeonghan throw it away? Will Jeonghan forget about him?

Joshua said his last goodbyes to the house and left for his parent's house.

As he was just about to get into the taxi, he noticed that Jeonghan was back. They made eye contact and it was so heart shattering that Joshua immediately looked away, rushing into the taxi.

While the taxi drove by, Joshua couldn't bring himself to look at Jeonghan. Jeonghan was long gone from him. Their 5 years of a relationship has now ended and Joshua can't help but feel heart broken.

He cried in the back seat of the taxi, not caring if the driver could hear him.

"Young sir, are you alright?" The taxi driver looked pretty old. Like one of those really nice grandpas.

"..Yeah..just a break up...Just a break up.."

-

Jeonghan sees a glistening object as he walks into his bedroom. Looking closer, he finally sees what it is. The necklace.

He picks it up and for a good 30 seconds, he had stared at it with a empty expression on his face.

Finally, he said something.

"Was breaking up with him..really a good idea..? My Jisoo.."

Author's Note: angst!!!! ❤

🦌