Last Christmas (f)

Chirp.....Chirp.....Chirp...

Beep.....Beep.....Beep...

Jeonghan yawns awake, hearing his annoying alarm beeping in the drawer next to his bed. "Another day of all of this.." Jeonghan muttered to himself. 

He got out of his bed and went to his bathroom, washing up and brushing his teeth. After, he got ready like every other day. He put on his business suit and scarf, fixed up his hair and grabbed his work bag. Jeonghan walked out to his kitchen/living room and made himself some cereal. As he ate, he noticed the calender. 

December 25...Christmas...

Jeonghan frowned at the sight. He never liked Christmas. It was always cold and boring, but mainly...he had no one to celebrate it with. No one to give or receive presents from. No family, no friends, no nothing. 

He brushed it off and quickly finished up his cereal. He tossed the dishes in the sink and checked the time. 'I'm still early....Maybe I could just rest for a few minutes..' he thought to himself.

He plopped onto the couch and turned on the television. 

"Get matching pajamas now to match with your loved ones on Christmas!"  an ad on the television said which made Jeonghan immediately turn it off. 

"Well. Looks like there's nothing good." Jeonghan sighed and went to put on his shoes. 

Opening and closing his door, he made sure to lock it too. Just like everyday, he walked to the bart station and took it to the bart near the company he works at. 

Since it's Christmas, it has been very festive. Bright lights, snow, people crowding, people having fun and a bunch of activities in general. 

Jeonghan scowled at the sight and wanted to avoid any as possible. Especially the booth where a group of guys were running to raise money for the homeless. Donate this, donate that. Jeonghan hated it. 

He sighed and quickly went the opposite direction from the booth. "Running a booth during Christmas? Weird." he thought to himself.

Suddenly, he felt people pushing. A group of drunkards were pushing him right towards the booth. Once he got to a steady balance, he sighed, brushing off his clothes. "Seriously? Drunk already?" he sighed. 

"Hello there! Would you like to donate to the homeless?" 

Jeonghan turned to his side to see a man with these...deer looking eyes. He looked so sweet....But Jeonghan didn't care what the guy looked like.  "Uhhh...Sorry, I'm in a rush." he says, trying to walk away, but the man follows him. 

"Please sir? Oh just a few cents to spare?" the man asked. 

Jeonghan sighed and reached into his pocket for a penny. He tossed it in the container and rushed away before the man could say anything back. 

Suddenly, he hears the man scream out: "Thank you so much for donating sir!" 

Jeonghan turned around, expecting to scoff, but instead...he had a warm feeling in his heart. That man's smile...there was something about it that just felt so...refreshing. 

Jeonghan turned back around and continued walking to work.

.

.

.

The next day, it was the same routine. Wake up, get ready, eat, go to work. 

On his way to work,  he saw that the booth was still up. And the man was still there. Jeonghan didn't want to have them bother him again so he did his best to hide himself from the group of people.