New Year's Spark (f)

"Hyung! Let's go drinking!" Seungkwan says over the phone. 

"I don't really feel like drinking today." Jisoo says, whining in bed. He just wanted to stay home and sleep and maybe watch the New Year's countdown. 

Jisoo could hear Seungkwan whining. "Please hyung! I know this really nice place and everyone our age is gonna go for the fireworks and the countdown! Cmon!" Seungkwan says, trying his best to convince the older. 

He had to think about it before letting out an approving sigh. "Fine. We can go." Jisoo says. 

"Yay! Don't worry! I'll find you a New Year's kiss!" Seungkwan teased. 

"And you're also paying for my drinks." Jisoo smirked and even though Seungkwan couldn't see it, he just knew Jisoo was acting snarky. 

"Uhhh sureee!

.

.

.

The place was like an outdoor bar mixed with a drive in theater. There were so many people, sitting on blankets, drinking alcohol, eating food and overall just talking. 

Seungkwan brought some blankets and pillows and laid them on the floor for Jisoo and him to sit on. "Wanna go get drinks and food now?" Seungkwan asked.

"Duhh." Jisoo says as they walk to the different stations. People set up some booths for food and drinks so it was like a festival in a way. 

The two went to stand and ordered a few glasses of beers and a few margaritas, along with some food that they were cooking and grilling. (idk how drinking works im underaged)

The beers came out first so they decided to have a glass for fun. "I haven't drank beer since...since my birthday." Jisoo says, sipping on his beer. 

"Which was yesterday." Seungkwan says. "You're unhealthy, hyung."

"Hey, you're the one who invited me out." Jisoo giggled, shrugging. 

He went back to drinking his beer, and had a glance around the grassy field. Then, he turned to his side, not expecting to make eye contact with a tall, pale and good looking man. 

They stood there staring at each other for a good 10 seconds before Jisoo turned away and continued drinking his beer. 

Their margaritas came out along with their food. Just before they left to go back to their little picnic set up, Jisoo turned around to take another look at the man, but he was gone. 

Jisoo pouted a bit. The man was very handsome. He sighed and followed Seungkwan back to their blanket picnic. They set the stuff down and sat down comfortably. 

"Seungkwan, did you see that guy?" Jisoo asked, taking a bite of the chicken piece he had picked up with a skewer. 

"What guy?" Seungkwan asked. 

"The handsome guy that was next to me. We made eye contact.." Jisoo blushed, making Seungkwan gasped. 

He gasped almost offended. "There was a hottie and you didn't tell me!?" Seungkwan sulks. 

"Well he was standing right next to me!" Jisoo says. "Oh my gosh but he was really good looking..." he says, regretting that he didn't ask for the guy's number. 

After a bit, they just kept drinking, eating and watching the large movie screen in front of them. When suddenly, a voice yelled out to them.

"Watch out!" the man yelled as the football came flying towards Jisoo. "What the-eek!" he yelled, covering himself with his arms. 

But nothing hit him. He opened his eyes and looked up. It was the man who had caught the ball. "Are you okay?" he asked, turned to look at Jisoo. 

"...Yeah...I'm okay.." Jisoo nodded, hesitantly. 

"That's good. Wouldn't want to mess up that gorgeous face of yours." the man winked and ran away to continue playing football. 

Jisoo was dumbfounded. The man that he found extremely attractive saved him from getting hurt and even flirted with him. But no number!

"Was that the guy?" Seungkwan asked and Jisoo nodded disappointingly. "It's okay hyung. You'll get his number soon." 

Jisoo whined, leaning against Seungkwan as he just kept drinking. 

The two finished up their food and had a couple of drinks left. At a point, Seungkwan had to use the restroom so he left Jisoo alone. Which gave the man an opportunity to talk to Jisoo. 

The man slid next to Jisoo, making Jisoo flinch. 

"Hey gorgeous~" the man says, winking once again. 

"..H-Hey.." 

The man seemed to be fond of Jisoo and wanted to get to know him better. "What's your name?" the man asked. 

"Jisoo. And you?" Jisoo asked, smiling. 

"Jeonghan. Yoon Jeonghan." he says, leaning back a bit. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, Jeonghan." Jisoo smiled, nodding at the other. "So what brings you here?" he asked. 

"Oh just thought I'd talk to the most gorgeous person here." Jeonghan says, trying to come off smooth but at the same time, he came off corny. 

But Jisoo liked that. He giggled and blushed, "Well thank you...You're not too bad yourself." Jisoo says, leaning just a bit closer to the other. 

Jeonghan smirked after noticing that Jisoo was moving closer. "So...You ready for the new year?" he asked. 

"Yeah...But I'm a bit scared. It's a whole new year and there are many things that might not go as planned." Jisoo chuckled nervously. 

"That's true, but if you think something will go wrong then it does so just think positive." Jeonghan says, uplifting. "If you think negative, the results will be negative." 

Jisoo stared at Jeonghan for a few seconds before giggling. "Yeah..You're right." 

The two continued to talk for a good 5 minutes before Seungkwan came back. Jisoo introduced the two to each other and Jeonghan's group came over to join the conversation. 

The group was talking as Jeonghan and Jisoo were in their own little world. They stared at each other, Jisoo sitting against Jeonghan's arm. 

"Sooo...Could I get your number?" Jeonghan asked. 

Jisoo smiled at the question. "Yeah...Sure." he says. He pulled out his phone and the two exchanged numbers. 

"Guys! The countdown!" Seungkwan says, nudging Jisoo.

They all looked up at the big screen. It was counting down and so was everyone around them.

Then...Jisoo and Jeonghan looked at each other, scooting closer to each other. They leaned closer and closer...

10!

9!

8!

7!

6!

5!

4!

3!

2!

1!!!!

At 1, they connected their lips together. It felt so gentle yet so passionate. 

There were fireworks and firecrackers, booming in the sky as they continued kissing. Jisoo cupped Jeonghan's face and the other held Jisoo's waist. 

"Happy New Year..." Jisoo whispered against Jeonghan's lips.

Jeonghan smiled and said..

"Happy New Year, gorgeous." 

Author's Note: happy late new year!! ❤

🦌