Nosaka Yuuma × Reader : Distraction

Requested by Coolaholic_Girl thank you for requesting! <3

. . . 🌼 . . .

Life for Nosaka has always been meaningless. He tried to find a purpose for his existence, but his research always finished with empty results.

Every day he questioned when everyone was going to loose faith on him and eventually abandon him, and such thoughts took a tool on him every time.

That was until he met you.

Nosaka couldn't quite describe the feeling he felt inside every time you came to his sight or popped up in his mind. Yet, he knew deep down that it was strong affection. He hadn't had enough knowledge yet to finally call it love or not.

You helped keeping his shadows at bay; frequently distracting his mind from the claws that threatened to clutch him.

However, that didn't mean you were always around whenever those intrusive thoughts raged again.

You were outside when Nosaka experienced the first hint of those ideas. It started as simple as questioning where you had gone, and developed to become when would you eventually tire of him.

Nosaka sat down on the couch with his elbows settled on his thighs and his head hung down. He couldn't shake off the feeling of lonliness and anxiety that threatened to shred his consciousness to pieces.

He couldn't figure out how such simple questions led into bigger ones with little hope of a response.

Yet, he knew who'd silence them with a simple answer.

When you got back home, you found Nosaka still engrossed in his thoughts on the couch; his head pressed tightly into his palms as if he'd squeeze whatever voice is whispering in his mind to silence. You had delt well enough with that kind of situation to make you painfully aware of when it occured next time.

"Yuuma." You called out, putting down the bag of groceries on the floor. You walked to his spot, kneeling down on floor and gently taking his hand in your own. His eyes stayed shut under the shadow of his hair, and you knew better than to force him to look at you. So, you gave his hands a tight squeeze to ground him down.

"I'm home." You reminded him. You figured out that Nosaka doesn't like to be shushed down and comforted; therefore, you figured out other ways to help calm him down.

His eyes opened to look at yours at your statement, he focused on the colour your orbs swam in and the sound of your voice.

"Wanna hear about this old lady who knocked out a thief trying to rob the store earlier using her purse?" You asked with a light-hearted tone, and a nod from Nosaka pulled a smile on your lips. Hence telling him about the tale you so enthusiastically wanted to tell him. You were thankful you had something to tell him about as to to distract him from his thoughts again.

Nosaka didn't know what he had done in life to be rewarded with a person as kind and compassionate as you are.

But he didn't complain.

. . . 🌼 . . .

Hey guys!

I hope you're all doing well. I hope you have enjoyed this request! If you have please do leave a vote and a comment.

Stay safe!