Fudou Akio × Haruna Otonashi : Redemption

Requested by @ashtarziah. Thank you for requesting! This is actually one of the most intriguing requests I've ever had.

Angst ahead. Enjoy!

.  .  . 🌼.  .  .

When we first met, I was clouded in darkness while you were dancing in the light. I was oblivious to your songs and rejected your hand that reached out to pull me.

Too consumed in competition and thirst for power, I didn't realize how far I was swimming to the depth of darkness. Yet, you persevered, determined to snatch the blindfold that obscured my eyes. 

No matter how many times I pushed you away, yelled at you to leave, hurt your feelings more than once, you glued to my side closer than my shadow. I could not understand your motives, nor why you would ignore all the hurt I inflected upon you. In fact, it seemed the more I push harder away from you, you always find a way back to me.

Or maybe it was the other way around this whole time.

Maybe it was I who was always searching for a way to pull you back; I who refused to let you go despite my better judgement; I who subconsciously clung to the tinest ray of hope; hope that, someday, you will be mine.

How could I not when I had become so accustomed to your comfort, drawn to your warmth, and eager to bask in your joy.

But these thoughts only drove me further and further away from you, tempted me to push you away for good. I'd never expected it, but one day I finally did it, and you, indeed, had enough. Tears streamed down your face as you questioned me, "Why are you pushing me away? Why do you always hurt me? Why do I deserve this?"

"You did this to yourself when it was clear as day that I didn't need you." That was what I told you that day; what you and I needed to hear. Yet, you couldn't hear the screams of my heart that deafened my ears. The loud shouts continued till it almost burst with apologies. I'm sorry but I need to protect you. I'm sorry but I want to see you happy. I'm sorry but I'm never good enough.

Now, as I watch you grinning at the face of another man, I could not help the drop relief that washed over my veins, so why did my heart ache so much?

Soon I realized that I had fallen helplessly in love with you, Haruna.

And there was nothing I could do to make you mine because it was too late for redemption.

.  .  . 🌼 .  .  .

Hey guys!

I hopre you're all doing well. Thank you again for this request! I had fun writing it.

If you had time reading this request, please do leave a vote and a comment! Requests, however, are closed.

Stay safe and lots of love!