Afuro Terumi × Badass! Reader : Guardian Angel

Requested by Nanachacandy Thank you for this lovely request!

.  .  .  🌼  .  .  .

Trigger warning : Mentions of bullying. Slight mentions of verbal harassement.

No matter how many people met, his memories of you will always remain superior. All for one simple reason.

He was a kid when he was picked on by bullies for his -compared to them- slim physique. He felt hopeless as he succumbed to their words and acts full of malice. All hope was, indeed, lost. Until you emerged like an angel descending from the sky to save him.

Despite the oh so clear difference of size between you and the bullies, you stood your ground as you proudly defended Afuro without an ounce of doubt in your fierce eyes. Not only that, but you also kicked one of them where the sun never shines when he dared to step too close to you in a threatening manner. "If I ever catch you near him again, I will tell the principal and your parents! I know where you live!" You threatened, even though the last part was a lie.

And in a blink of an eye, the bullies fled the scene.

When you turned around to face Afuro, the relentless self you had shown to the bullies vanished; and its place came a worried expression plastered on your face as you knelt to Afuro's level and asked him, "Are you okay?"

It wasn't something particularly extraordinnary; but at that moment, Afuro's mind labeled you an angel. And that was how Afuro's passion for the idea of angels initiated. From that day onwards, your friendship blossomed and a sparkle of unspoken feelings peeked from both yours and Afuro's eyes. Days turned into months, and months into years. Until one day, you disappeared without a trace. 

Afuro could not understand the motive behind your disappearance, nor the place or time you had vanished. It all happened abruptly. You did not look upset at him or agitated the slightest the last time he had seen you, did you?

Well, those were questions left for time to either answer or ignore. At some point, Afuro had almost succeeded in convincing himself that you were an angel who had descened from the heavens to defend him and had already returned to where you belong.

His guardian angel.

He found it ridiculous at first; but as fate continued to ignore his prays to answer his inquiries, it was the most suitable answer. The most plausible until on one fateful day, fate decided to lend an ear to Afuro's calls. It was an uneventful weekend, and Afuro found himself roaming through the evening streets of the city.

The sun had long settled beneath the earth to pave way for the rising moon. On his way, Afuro spotted a group of guys blocking the path of a girl. He was just close enough to hear what was going on.

"Stop been' ar- ar-"

"Arrogant." Another jumped in.

"Yeah, that! Stop been' that an' give us a minu'e." Afuro could tell from the way one of the members spoke that they were not in their best states of minds. The girl looked shy and panicked as she stuttered her answer, "I-I really have to go. P-Please leave me alone." And that was all confirmation Afuro needed to know that the girl was forced into that kind of situation undeliberately. He was about to step in, had he not heard a familiar voice.

An awfully familiar voice.

"Hey!" There you stood, with your arms crossed in front of your chest; an irritated expression on your face. The group turned to look at you and as words of threats and dismissal were exchanged, one of the guys approached you with an intention to touch your arm. Yet, as quick as a bolt of thunder, your foot met his crotch and his face rivaled 'The Scream' mask in expression.

Afuro felt his heart swell. Not because he felt bad for the guy, but because the same exact scene played before him. Except that he was an outside witness rather than the one who needed protection.

However, these were not a bunch of 10 year olds as before, so the group would not run away  at the mention of their parents. That was why the group approached you with cusses and eyes that promised anything but good.

As one of them raised his hand to strike, Afuro decided it was time to step in. He caught the man's wrist in a tight grip. Almost too tight you could hear the groans of pain that left his grinded teeth. 

"Step away, and this does not have to escalate or reach authorities." Afuro announced to the group's ears. 

"Wh-Who are you to-" The man in Afuro's grip started, but he was off short because it seemed like the hold on his wrist tightened, which made him qhut his eyes and shrink into himself.

"Now."

"O-Okay!" Two men collected the one you kicked from the floor and ran away. Afuro, at the sight of the others leaving, let go of the man's wrist, who ran away to rejoin with his group.

"Are you okay?" Afuro turned to look at you with a smile and concerned eyes. That must have been how I looked back then. You thought to yourself because that thought was what helped you quickly identify the man who had just saved you.

"Th-Thank you for saving me." A shy voice interrupted your line of thoughts. The girl smiled at you warmly before she turned to address Afuro, "You too." Afuro nodded in return before asking her, "Will you be alright going alone?" 

"I'll be alright. The street in the corner is where I live. Thank you so much." And with a polite wave she left. Afuro turned to look at you with warm eyes. The same warm eyes that he used to offer you every time you spent the day together. The familiarity made something in your gut flatter. However, the same familiarity was stained with another feeling; a dark, foreign feeling that resembeled that of sorrow and hurt.

From his look, you understood his billion questions.

"Thank you for stepping in." You, instead, settled on focusing on the most recent event rather than dwelling on the past. You found the floor suddenly more interesting as you waited for his answer.

"I guess I paid the debt." Afuro commented in a light-hearted tone, which rendered you completely speechless. You expected him to be mad at you; to pin you down with a harsh glare as he shot venomous words to break your heart, like you broke his.

"I waited so long to say how much I am gratful for you. How much you inspired me to become the person I am today. And how much I cannot deter myself from telling the whole world how much I adore you, angel." Yet here he was, bluntly and openly confessing his affection for you; one that you were sure was more than sure was mutual.

You knew he would accept you no matter what. Despite your secrets or past, he was not someone to judge you for those. On the total contrary, his arms were ready to sheild you from the world's harm, like wings of your protective angel.

And at that fleeting moment, you were not sure whether the title really belongs to you and not him.

.  .  . 🌼 .  .  .

Hey guys!

I'm sorry for the very long waited update. Wattpad has a bug on the mobile app that still has not been fixed yet, so I had to move to my laptop which was also busted. T-T

Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed your time reading this request. If you have, please do leave a vote and a comment, I would very much appreciate it.

Stay safe and lots of love!