Midorikawa Ryuuji × Ill Reader: Your Smile (Part I)

. . . 🌼 . . .

(Y/n)'s POV :

I had just quitted the hospital and began to walk back to the HQ. I was lost in thought that I didn't realize I had arrived.

"(Y/n)!" Someone screamed my name, I looked forward and found Midorikawa jogging towards me. I smiled at him as he reached to me and panted, I giggled when he smiled back at me.

"Hi, Midorikawa."

"Where have you been? We searched for you everywhere, you have been leaving every morning for the previous two weeks," he asked with confusion and curiosity.

"I-I" I began to sweat-drop as I had to make an excuse, but I was cut off.

"No excuses, tell me the truth." Midorikawa said sternly.

"Look, I had a doctor's appointment," I said.

"Oh sure you did, whenever you want to miss your manager's job you always say the same excuse," he complained, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I really had an appointment!" I defended.

"But you have never told us the reason which let us know that you may be ly-" he continued complaining until I cut him off.

"I have something urgent to tell you, I need you to listen." I said seriously which made him turn silent, giving me the opportunity to continue.

I sighed.

"Look, the reason why I've been going to the doctor a lot is because....I'm managing my cancer," I confessed and looked down.

"What?" He was too shocked to believe what I had said.

"The doctor diagnosed me with cancer and said I have only few months to live," I explained in a hint of sadness.

"Don't joke around like that with me," he said sternly.

"I'm not!"

"You're joking."

"No, I'm not! This is serious, " I said and looked at him straightforwardly.

"You...have cancer," he repeated to himself as he sounded in the verge of crying, "please tell me you're joking."

"I'm not," I avoided looking at him as I could feel my own tears starting to come up.

"Please tell me you're joking." He repeated in a whisper.

"I'm not! This is-" I started, but gasped as he cut me off.

"God dammit, tell me you're joking!" He yelled, we fell into a few moments of silence.

"I'm not joking... This was a part of me and I needed to live with it but for now... I'm just leaving life," I said and looked down.

Tears stormed from his face as he bit his lower lip. "How long have you had cancer?" He asked.

"For five years. I didn't want to tell anyone because I didn't want people to be worried about me," I answered.

"You had it all this time and you're just now telling me..." His voice was full of pain and sorrow.

"Yes, I-I....I have a crush on you and I couldn't tell you, I didn't want you to be stuck up with me then I'll leave you because of my illness, I'm sorry." I confessed as tears stormed down my eyes.

"Bring your stupid ass over here," he said. I walked over to him and he hugged me tightly as both of us began to cry.

"I'm so sorry," I repeated over and over again.

"I love you too, dammit I love you," he said and tightned his grip. He pulled back and leaned to my lips, crushing them in his as I almost immediately kissed back. After a while, we pulled away so we could breath before he put his forehead against mine.

"Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell me what you are going through?" he asked with a voice of pity, holding my cheeks.

"I couldn't. I have to keep it a secret, I didn't want you nor my friends to worry. I want to see that smile you always give me, it was always the reason I want to fight and live. I don't want you to fall into depression or pain because of me," I conforted him with my honest concern.

"Idiot, idiot, idiot," he cried more, "Even if you have only a short time to live, I will always be by your side. I would never leave you. I want to hear your laugh, I want to see your caring, pretty, smart personality furthermore... Your smile," his voice cracked and his eyes were puffy by all the crying, my eyes widened and we both held each other as we cried for what seemed like eternity.

"I want you to be my girlfriend, so I can be with you till the end, and make you live in your happiest days," he said and held my hands, I nodded as he carressed my cheek, then I showed him between tears the most thing he loved about me...

My true smile.

. . . 🌼 . . .

Hey guys!

Pheeew... I know it's probably sad but I hope you enjoy it, don't forget to vote and let a comment.

See ya!