Midorikawa Ryuuji × Ill Reader (Part II) : The Time

. . . 🌼 . . .

It had been ten years and (Y/n) managed to stay alive by miracle no one knew how, she got married to Midorikiwa Ryuuji and they had a cute little girl named Olivia.
(Y/n) lived the best life she could ask for, but her time came to an end.
She was lying on the hospital bed alive, thanks to the machines.

Midorikawa's POV :

I was waiting for the doctor to come out of (Y/n)'s room while holding our five years old little girl Olivia in my lap.

Flash back:

We were walking in the garden and Olivia was playing in front of us, everything was perfectly fine until (Y/n) stopped walking and caught her head in her hand.

I asked her what was the matter, only for her to faint, but I successed on catching her before she fell, I rapidly took my phone and called the ambulance while reassuring my scared, panicked little girl. The ambulance reached our location and took (Y/n) from my arms as I hurried to our car while carrying Olivia, so we followed the ambulance.
When we arrived, they took (Y/n) to an urgent surgery as we waited outside for the doctor.

Flash back ends:

The doctor exited the room and took off his medical mask.

"Are you Mr. Ryuuji?" He asked and I nodded. He looked at Olivia then at me as Fuyuka came running to us.

"Please accompany me to my office," the doctor said and walked away, I nodded again and looked at Olivia.

"Stay with aunt Fuyuka, be a good girl, okay?" I said and kissed her forehead, then looked at Fuyuka as she nodded to me.

"Daddy will mommy be okay?" Olivia asked me with a cute sad voice, I knelt in front of her and hugged her.

"Mommy will be alright just hold on till daddy comes back, okay?" I said and she slowly nodded to me, before hugging me back.

I walked to the doctor's office and knocked on the door, then heard a 'come in' before entering.

"Mr. Ryuuji please take a sit," the doctor said and extended his hand towards the empty chair across him, I gladly accepted and sat on the chair, afraid of the news.

"Now, Mr. Ryuuji, I need to be honest with you, Mrs. Ryuuji (Y/n) is in a critical condition and she entered a coma. The cancer that we thought has vanished seemed that it didn't heal completly, and in those years; the cancer spread out in her body. Unfortunately, we diagnoseded it in its final stages, I'm so sorry Mr. Ryuuji but we can't do anything for her, she might leave us in a week or less, but don't lose faith on her," he explained as I felt tears storm down my eyes, but I quickly wiped them and looked at him.

"Is there any slight chance for her to live?" I asked, even that I had already figured the answer.

He fixed his glasses and said, "As I said Mr. Ryuuji, the cancer is in its last stages and we can't do anything. The only thing we can do to keep her alive are the machines but please Mr. Ryuuji don't lose hope, no one knows if a miracle can happen," I knew he said those things just to encourage me, even if both of us knew she wouldn't make it. I stood up and extended my hand for him.

"Thank you, doctor." I thanked him and shook his hand, then walked out of the office. I couldn't hold it any longer so I ran to the restroom, I was crying too much that I couldn't see anything.

"Why... Why (Y/n).... Why do you have to leave me all of a sudden?.... We were happy together and we have our little child of our own... Everything was fine... Then why?" I whispered to myself and collapsed on the floor. Then I remembered her words ten years before, she had already known this day would come and knew that I would feel this way, that's why she didn't want to tell me before. I held my mouth with my palm and cried silently, bearing my own suffering.

After a few minutes, I calmed down and washed my face, then walked towards my little girl. I found her asleep in Fuyuka's arms as the purple-haired girl noticed me and smiled sadly, I smiled back tiredly and brushed some (h/c) strands of Olivia's hair from her face. I wasn't sure if I could raise my daughter on my own without her mother.

I carried Olivia in my arms then Fuyuka opened the door into (Y/n)'s room as we walked in, the only sound that could be heard was the beeping of the machines connected with her heart. I felt something wet ran down my face and I realized there were tears falling down my cheeks again.

"Fuyuka, can you take Olivia somewhere else? Outside the hospital?" I asked her, and she nodded slowly.

"Sure... I can take her to eat some ice-cream in the cafeteria when she wakes up," she informed me and took her from my arms, then out the room, leaving me alone with the love of my life.

"Hey (Y/n)...." I greeted as I sat on the chair beside her bed. I held her pale hand and caressed it with my thumb.

"(Y/n), you were fighting for all those years and here you are... We were only 15 when we started dating and now you grew up to a prettier, smarter, kinder woman. We got married then had our first child..." I muttered as I held her hand tightly with tears running down my face.

"I love you so much...please...don't leave us alone...Olivia needs you...I need you..." I looked at her pale face, then I put my head on her bed and cried for what felt like eternity...

It had been four days and (Y/n) was still in her coma, I was informed that her heart was beating less that usual, I knew her time to leave was too close.

I entered her room for this day and sat on the same chair as usual, I took her paler hand and kissed it. She was sleeping peacefully.

"Hey again (Y/n)..." I fought the desire to cry, and I achieved that.

"Olivia was asking about you... She would always ask if you are coming back home or not, and I don't know how to answer her.... The doctor told me to keep hope, but I don't know anymore..." I broke into tears and held her hand tightly, "Please (Y/n)..."

Suddenly, the machine beeped faster and louder. I looked shocked at the machine then hurried outside, calling the doctors and nurses.

I knew it was the time.

. . . 🌼 . . .

Hey guys !

I hope you guys are doing fine and hope you liked this chapter. Please don't forget to vote and leave a comment.

See ya!