Kira Hiroto × Reader : Demons

Requested by Azaka-Okaru thank you for requesting! I hope you enjoy it!

.  .  . 🌼  .  .  .

Kira Hiroto was not someone to be called normal.

In fact, when was someone ever to be called normal?

However, you knew that Kira Hiroto was someone different from the average ever since the first time you encountered each other.

While many people described him as arrogant, you could see something deeper in him. Something he was not willing to show.

You tried many times to get to understand him and his attitude, but the closer you got, the further he pulled away.

Therefore, when, one day, Hiroto was not ranting about how glorious he was, everyone became worried about him.

What could have possibly happened that made Kira Hiroto so silent?

Waking up in the middle of that night, you grimaced as you felt thirst clinging into your throat. Reaching out to the bottle next to your bed, you sighed in annoyance when you found it empty and you forgot to fill it up before going to sleep. You got up and left to the kitchen.

Soothing your dry throat with a glass of water, you sighed out of satisfaction and closed your eyes.

However, your eyes shot open when you heard noise above you. You usually sat on the roof with a few of your friends in the building, so you were aware that the noise came from someone on the roof.

You decided to put the empty glass of water down and head towards the roof, taking cautious steps on your way.

You tried to conceal the sound of your footsteps by walking on your toes. Once you had reached the roof, you took a careful peek to spot who the potential intruder was.

But what you did not expect was to see Hiroto sitting down on the roof with his leg dangling down the edge.

As you stood there watching his back rose and fell with every breath he took, you contemplated whether it would be a good idea to interrupt his peace. After much thought, you came into the conclusion that it would be best to leave him be.

"I know you're there." Before you could back up, you froze when you heard Hiroto's voice most likely addressing you. You turned around to face him, frowning a bit when you saw him glancing at you over his shoulder with a blank look. Once you had made eye-contact, Hiroto turned his head back to stare at what laid ahead of him.

It was not unusual for Hiroto to give stoic looks, but he was mostly loud and an attention-seeker. Nonetheless, his odd behaviour worried you.

You gulped and forced your legs to go to him, your heart beating in a speedy rhythm. Despite his arrogant façade, you managed to fall in love with the guy. But you couldn't let him know just yet.

"Sit." He muttered calmly, eyes fixed on the view in front of him. You complied without a protest.

Silence wrapped itself around both of you as Hiroto avoided facing you while you fidgeted your fingers. You had no idea how to adress the situation nor how to ask what the matter was. So, you let the cold air of the starry night dance with your hair and kiss your skin. A deep breath filled your lungs as you closed your eyes, enjoying the quietness of the moment.

"Have you..." Hiroto's question trailed off, but successfully caught your attention. When he felt your eyes on his figure, he cleared his throat, took a deep breath in, and resumed his question with a steadier voice. "Have you ever felt powerless despite how capable you know you can be?" He gulped, as if swallowing down the words that still lingered in his tongue and threatened to slip out.

You found his question bizzare. That was why you did not answer him instantly. Hiroto thought you were weirded out by his question, so he decided to change the subject.

"I did feel like that sometimes. In fact, I still do feel like that from time to time regardless of how much progress I make throughout my growth. However, I always remind myself that I am much more capable than my mind could ever comprehend." Your answer filled the air before Hiroto could have the chance to withdraw his question.

He was stunned to realize that you spent the quiet time to think of an answer to his question rather than politely ignoring him.

It was his turn to become silent, thinking about your words over and over again. Yet, he was not convinced by the truthfulness of your words.

"What do you do then when your mind wins over and makes you believe you are not as capable as you think?" Came his answer as another question.

"I just have to convince it back that I am. When you believe yourself to be something, even your worst demons cannot talk you out of it. If you believe yourself to be the greatest at what you are doing, you will succeed at it, even if the whole world says otherwise." You countered back. He stared at you with wide eyes, your logic coming into agreement with his thoughts.

He scoffed and smirked when his shock passed, which surprised you in return. He moved his eyes to look at the starry sky above him, his shoulders relaxed and mind refreshed.

Even if he did not tell you how useless he felt before he talked to you.
Even if he did not tell you how much he sought for his father's and team's approval.
Even if he did not tell you how much he wanted your heart to be his.

He smirked as his demons that had lurked in his mind shied away from his new thoughts.

Your thoughts.

.  .  . 🌼  .  .  .

Hey guys!

I hope you're all doing well. Hope you have enjoyed your time reading this request, it was fun to write. Please do leave a vote and a comment if you have.

Stay safe!