I Love You For Who You Are : Popular Endou Mamoru × Sad Reader

Heyaa guys! I'm finally back!
I'm sorry for the late update and not posting for a long time ago, but I'm back now even if I might be late sometimes but I didn't forget about you. Xoxo

Thank you for all the support and love you uwu!

. . . 🌼 . . .

(Y/N)'s POV :

Another day at school...

I was walking through the corridors, wearing a simple black hood and tight jeans, I looked at the group of girls who were discussing the newest fashion. At first, they didn't notice my presence but after I walked past them, one of the girls grabbed me from the wrist and pulled me back.

"Well, well, well, look who is here," she said with a mocking face, I tried to get free from her grab but they surrounded me.

"Why are you always wearing boys' clothes? I thought you are a girl, aren't you?" Another one spoke from behind me.

I know that I'm a girl but I just find my comfort in simple clothes and I don't like being the focus of attention.

"Is your tongue cut or what? Did the cat catch your tongue?" the girl asked and looked at me with a blank expression.

"Guess her mind is dancing in the sky," the girl mocked and they started laughing.

The reality is that I was surrounded by negative thoughts and less confidence about myself, my eyes became dull and with an internal vacuum.

I couldn't feel anything...

"Hey! Can you hear me?" A male voice snapped me out of my thoughts, I didn't realize that I was on my knees and the gang of girls were gone.

"Are you okay?" The boy who was kneeling in front of me asked in a soft yet worried way. He was Endou Mamoru, the famous goal keeper of Inazuma Eleven team, but how did he find me or even why was he talking and worrying about a girl like me?

I nodded slowly and looked around me silently scanning the corridor, it was just me and him in the corridor.

"Come on, it's time to go home and everybody left, can you stand?" Endou was now standing and offering me his hand. I gladly accepted his hand and stood up.

"Do you mind if we walk home together?" He asked with a faint blush on his face and avoiding eye contact.
I blinked twice at him and agreed with a simple 'sure' I could see his eyes lighten and happiness covered them. Before we left the school, I gently grabbed his outfit from behind and muttered a faint thank you, he was surprised by my action and smiled warmly with a 'no problem'.

As we were walking down the street silently, I was deep in thoughts and didn't notice I was behind him by few steps. He suddenly stopped and called my name, I woke up from my thoughts and looked at him, thinking 'how did he know my name?'

"I know you are confused about how I know your name and why I asked you to walk back home together," he said with his back facing me, then he turned to face me and said the words that froze my mind.

"It's because I love you."

The wind danced around us as I looked at him with wide eyes, confused about how can such a kind and popular person like him love someone like me.

"I-but-" I stuttered, but he cut me off.

"I don't care what people say about you because it's not true, you are beautiful the way you are, you are kind and smart and...I wonder if you would like to go on a date with me," he confessed with a huge blush on his face while rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. I was speechless and wished not to wake up from that dream.

He looked at me, waiting for an answer and looking directly into my eyes.

"I would like to," I answered after a moment which felt like eternity for both of us, tears were running down my face like a river. Endou hugged me gently and patted my head in a comforting way. I just let it out and cried on his chest.

All the sadness, doubt and bad thoughts that were haunting me, left me. I felt safe and comfortable with the boy holding me around his arms.

Then he said another sentence that made me fall in love with him deeper.

"I love you for who you are."

. . . 🌼 . . .

Hey guys!

I hope you guys have enjoyed this new chapter and don't forget to tell me your opinions and votes.

Requests are always open.

See ya people!