Suzuno Fuusuke × Paralyzed Reader : It's Not Your Fault

. . . 🌼 . . .

(Y/n)'s POV :

Last night, me and Suzuno had a fight and we hadn't been talking to each other for the whole day. We ignored each other's presence, I had been crying for the previous night and the next day, but I couldn't forgive him that easily.

He argued with me about my work and kept saying that I would be harmed if I did not leave my work.
I was working for Alius academy, but Suzuno insisted on me leaving my position as a manager because the situation was particularly serious with our step father's handling for beating Raimon, I couldn't take it anymore, so I faced him last night and we entered a sharp argument that ended by him getting furious before slapping me on the cheek, thus I stormed out the room, crying.
It was hard for both of us to keep things like that, so I decided to go on a walk to get some fresh air.

I was walking when I came across a patisserie that Suzuno and I used to buy cakes or cupcakes from, I smiled at the thought and determinated on apologizing to him, thus I entered the shop to buy his favourite cupcakes.

I left the patisserie smiling after that I had found and bought the cupcakes, I was crossing the street mindlessly, not noticing a speeding car driving towards me. Unfortuantely, I realized it too late, everything happened too fast, the only thing I could feel was the pain before everything went dark.

× × ×

Suzuno' POV :

I was in my dorm, laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling while thinking about (Y/n), I had a bad and strange feeling that something would happen. So, I got up and walked out the room trying to find (Y/n), even if she didn't want to talk to me, I needed to calm myself down.

I was searching everywhere but no sight of her, I started to worry but I had to focus, maybe she was just walking around.

Eventually, I ended up without finding her, so I took my phone and called her, I was excepting her to yell at me but instead of her voice, it was another female voice that sounded to be an adult.

"Hello?" The female said, I got confused about who could she be, but decided to focus on (Y/n).

"Hello, is (Y/n) beside you? Please I need to talk to her," I said, and she asked, "Sorry sir, but who are you?"

"Her boyfriend," I simply answered, then I heard the shocking news as my body started to trumble violently.

I hurried to the hospital as fast as I could and ran to the reception desk, there was a young girl behind it.

"Please, my girlfriend had a car accident half an hour ago, I need to see her, I'm her boyfriend," I said, she nodded and searched in her computer before turning back to me.

"Fourth floor, the first surgery room on you right," she said, thus I ran to the elevator.

I reached the room and found it under surgery, I couldn't help the tears that dropped down my eyes. It was my fault all of this happened, I slid down the wall, burying my head in my palms. After two more hours, I was sitting on the floor waiting for the doctor, then the surgery light went off and the door opened, I jumped as some nurses got out pushing a bed where (Y/n) was laying on.

"(Y/n)!" I was about to follow them, but stopped once I had seen a doctor leaving the room. So, I decided to ask him about (Y/n)'s current state first.

"Doctor please tell me if she's going to be okay," I said with my shaking voice.

"I'm sorry sir but I need to know who you are first," the doctor asked.

"I'm her boyfriend," I answered.

"She is in a stable condition currently, but unluckily, her spine is damaged leaving the lower part of her body to be paralyzed, she won't be able to walk again, I'm sorry but we did the best we could do," the doctor informed me.

I froze trying to believe what he said, but in vain. This couldn't be true.

"No....she can't..." I whispered while covering my mouth with my palm as tears fell down my face endlessly.

"I'm sorry, we will give her a wheel chair so she can transport," he said, putting his hand on my shoulder, kind of comforting me.

"Can I see her?" I asked quietly, he just nodded and told me the room's number and that she would asleep and might have a headache when she woke up. So, I must be carefully quiet not to disturbing her sleep. I thanked him and ran to find the room she was going to be settled in.

I stepped inside the room and gasped as I saw the machine and tubes around her then her bruised, still beautiful face. I walked to her bed and took the chair while holding her hand. "I'm sorry... I'm really sorry," I kept mumbling quitely while sobbing softly, then I heard a groan and I looked up to see her painful face as she was catching her head with her free hand with her eyes fluttering open slowly.

"W-What h-happened?..." sShe asked lowly, then turned her head towards me. I couldn't stop sobbing and jumped into her bed hugging her tightly on the torso, sobbing on her shoulder, she whimpered in pain and I pulled back immediately after I had realized that I was hurting her more than she already was.

"Suzuno?..." she looked at me tiredly as I was holding her hand while sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Yes sweetheart?" I answered, carressing her cheek.

"Why can't I feel my legs?" She wondered, I sighed and explained to her everything that happened, not missing a single moment.

"I won't be able to walk.....ever...again..." she was traumatized by the news as I held her tightly to my chest.

"I'm sorry," I kept whispering to her, she then broke into tears loudly as I tightned my grip and cried with her silently.

I tried to calm her down by stroking her hair and telling her she would be alright and it seemed to work a bit.

"It's my fault you are like this! It should have been me, not you! I yelled at you and put you through hell! I even hurt you! It should have been me...." I said, crying on her chest. I felt so weak and couldn't stop blaming myself for causing her pain instead of protecting her, "It's my fault..." I whispered and she chuckled then looked at me with tears on her eyes.

"Please, Suzuno don't blame yourself, it's not your fault, the only one you can blame is the reckless driver..." She said as she closed her eyes smiling, letting her tears fall. I was shocked that she was thinking like that and didn't hate me instead.

"I love you," I whispered as I closed my eyes drifting to sleep on her chest after a long tiring day, she kept stroking my white hair till she fell asleep in turn.

"It's not your fault," she mumbled before drifting to sleep in return.

. . . 🌼 . . .

×   ×   ×   ×   ×   ×   ×   ×   ×   ×   ×   ×   ×   ×

Hey guys!

I hope you have liked this story and please don't forget to vote and leave a comment.

See ya!