Midorikawa Ryuuji × Ill Reader (Part III) : The End

. . . 🌼 . . .

Midorikawa's POV :

The doctors were in (Y/n)'s room as I waited outside the room.

I felt as if my world was about to collapse and get darker if my only source of light went off. I waited patiently for what felt like years. I just hoped she would be okay, for my and Olivia's sake.

After five hours of waiting, the doctor abandoned the room. Once I had seen him out, I quickly got up and looked at him with fear, confusion...Hope, he took off his medical mask and smiled at me.

"Don't worry yourself Mr.Ryuuji, we don't know how but she made it alive, I personally didn't expect such an amazing miracle like that to happen. She is now in a stable condition and the cancer is no longer existing," he said while putting his hand on my shoulder. I froze, not believing what he had just said. Warm tears ran down my flashed face, but I quickly wiped them.

"May I see her?" I whispered, but loud enough for him to hear. He nodded slowly.

"Yes, just try not to distub her sleep, she needs as much rest as possible," he said and smiled, then walked away.

I opened the door and saw her chest rising up then falling down. Her skin was no longer pale and the tubes weren't there anymore.

I hurried to her bed and cried next to her sleeping form while holding her hand. I was too caught up crying I didn't notice a certain hand rise and pat my head. I immediately lifted my head up and looked at her smiling face. I chocked up and couldn't hold it in anymore, I missed her so much.

I wrapped my arms tightly around her chest which made her giggle and pat my back.

"Easy my man, I missed you too," she said, smiling. I cried on her shoulder for what felt like forever. After mere moments, I pulled away and placed her body back on the bed so she was laying on her back, then I started stroking her cheek.

"How?...." I whispered, but she heard it and looked at the ceiling, keeping her smile.

"I heard what you said that day," she said and closed her eyes. My eyes widened and I was about to ask her something, but she started first.

"I heard everything you were telling me when I was in that coma. About you missing me and that I should wake up till Olivia's questions about me... I knew I had to wake up but I felt like darkness was getting into me. I was about to give up but you showed in my dreams and my darkness transformed into morning, then I realized that I needed to keep fighting so that's what I did," she explained like if she could read my mind, and my eyes watered for the millionth time this week. She held my cheeks and leaned up till our lips touched in a passionate kiss in which I missed too much that I ended up deepening the kiss.

We pulled away and I put my forehead on hers while both our eyes closed. We entered a comfortable silence just feeling each other's presence. We were interrupted by the door slamming open and little footsteps running towards us.

"Mommy!!" Olivia ran with tears running down her eyes as she tried to climb on the bed but in vain. So, I lifted her up and placed her beside her mother. She wrapped her tiny arms around (Y/n)'s neck tightly.

"I miss you mommy," she said and started sobbing.

"I missed you too sweetheart," (Y/n) couldn't hold back her tears. Eventually, she cried with our daughter in her arms. I smiled at the view and didn't realize I was crying too. I joined them as I held them closer to my body.

I was so happy to have the most precious girls in my life safe and sound, wrapped in my arms and I couldn't ask for more.

The End.

. . . 🌼 . . .

Hey guys!

I hope you have liked the last chapter of this story and honestly I was thinking of a sad ending but changed my mind. Anyway, don't forget to vote and leave a comment.

See ya!