Depressed Fubuki Shirou × Popular Reader

. . . ❄️ . . .

3rd person's POV :

Your name is (Y/n) (L/n) the famous student at school adored by all people, you were a lovely person and you cared for others' feelings, but being a person who cares for others didn't mean you were weak. In fact, you were powerful but also very savage if you were mad.

Everyone dreamed of being like you or having you as a friend, you received many relationship requests, but you rejected all of them. You were smart enough to know who was a true friend from who wanted to fool you. Yet of course, there were jealous people who would do anything to break you down.

You were at class, all students were on their sits when the teacher entered along a new student. His eyes dropped to look at the ground, but you could see the sadness behind them while his hair was short, gray and some spikes are facing downwards. His eyebrows were quite thick and in a silver color with a white scarf with the longer remaining, free-flowing part of the scarf parted on his left side.

"Attention students, this is Shirou Fubuki, the new student in your class. Be nice and friendly to him, understood?" the teacher announced.

"Yes ma'am!" the students replied.

You stared at him for a moment as he went to sit on the sit next to you. He was calm and oddly quiet all the time.

Class ended.

All students stood up from their sits and started chatting and laughing about many silly things mostly.

"Hey Fubuki, I'm (Y/n) (L/n) nice to meet you!" You tried to start a conversation with him as a smile painted your face, but he only nodded and replied with a "nice to meet you too," you stared at him for a moment and started asking him about where he lived and stuff like that, but he either answered or he ignored the question, avoiding them to be specific. You could notice that he tensed when you asked about his family. Therefore, you decided to stop pushing him any further.

Two days later, you were walking down the corridor with some 'friends', but you didn't really consider them as your friends since you had already known that they only wanted to use you to be popular like you.

"Look at him! So pathetic!" You suddenly heard from a distance some people laughing, you ran to the direction of the noises, then you found a group of guys bullying Fubuki in front of a crowd of people who were watching and some were laughing while some were looking with sympathy. The leader of that gang would bully anyone in the sake of being famous and popular as the 'bad boy' of the school and impress girls, especially you since you were the most well-known person of the school, (AU: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) of course) but you weren't going to let that happen to Fubuki.

"Hey! Let go of him!" You stormed towards them, feeling irritated. Fubuki slowly looked at you in shock with the expression 'why would you help me?' written on his face.

"Oh dear (Y/n), why do you care so much for this weak boy? You know I'm more powerful than him and I can be more than enough for you, you just have to give it a shot," he tried to flirt with you, but you rejected him (AU: as always) because in your mind, bullying people to impress someone was very weak and stupid which made you feel really mad, yet you kept calm and glared at him deadly.

"If you think I would be impressed by your stupid words and stupid actions as bullying someone, then unfortunately you are totally wrong about it, because that only shows us that you are a very weak person who hides his weakness behind bullying people, and that's how I see you at this moment and at every moment," you harshly said to him, which made him go speechless. You walked past him towards Fubuki who was on the ground and staring at you, you gently smiled at him and pat his shoulder. Suddenly, he stood up and started running away. You were shocked and ran after him, screaming his name.

Fubuki entered the bathroom, he looked at himself on the mirror with total fear and he felt like his other side was trying to take control of him, but he struggled against it. He wanted to scream, to beg it to stop but he couldn't make a scene or everything would go worse, he felt he was panicking, he punched the mirror unconsciously breaking it into pieces, he saw himself in those pieces, he was broken like his reflection.

Suddenly he felt arms around him, hugging him from behind, Fubuki didn't know who it was but he felt comfortable in those arms.

You felt Fubuki relax in your arms as you hugged him, you both kept in that position for a moment before he turned around and looked at you with tears in his eyes, you quickly wrapped your arms his neck and hugged him tightly as he did the same, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"You don't have to carry everything in your shoulders anymore, I'll be here for you," you whispered close to his ear as he sobbed on your shoulder, you gently rubbed his back and kept whispering sweet things to him. He finally calmed down and looked at you.

"Thank you," he simply said.

You placed your hands on his cheeks and wiped some tears as you smiled warmly at him.

"You can tell me everything and I'll be listening, you know, " you suggested, keeping the same warm smile.

He smiled back at you, but his smile had soon dropped and was replaced by a sad look. He admitted that he was feeling depressed for years after the death of his family, he shared his mind and body with his deceased brother named Atsuya.

You were listening to him and he could see care and love in your (e/c) eyes, once he had finished his story, he looked at you and was shocked when he saw tears storming down your eyes, he hugged you tightly and so did you. You felt bad for him, you wanted to help him badly and make him happy again, you both comforted each other, Fubuki pulled away and gently kissed your forehead.

"Please don't feel sad, I don't like to see you cry like this," he said and you nodded, wiping your tears away. Fubuki took your hand and placed it on his heart.

"I have never felt so much care and love from anybody for a long time, but then here you are, (Y/n), will you be m-my g-girlfriend?" he stuttered in the end of his sentence as he looked away with a faint pink color on his cheeks, you felt your face heat up and you stared wide-eyed at him for a moment, you could feel his heart beating so fast from the hand you were putting on his chest, signaling that he was nervous and it probably took him a lot of courage to say that.

"I-I'm sorry if I made it awkward for you, I know we have just met two days ago but-" you cut him off by kissing him which took him aback, but soon melted to the kiss. You both pulled away and placed your foreheads against each other.

"I love you," he said with a smile and closed eyes.

"I love you too," you answered and felt yourself blushing madly, as he was the first person you opened your heart to and genuinely loved him.

"Promise me one thing Fubuki."

"Sure, what is it?"

"You will come to me whenever you have any negative thoughts and feelings, no matter what I'm doing or whoever I'm talking to, or what time it is, just come to me, promise?"

"Promise" he smiled at you and felt heart-warmed.

"Remember, You don't have to carry everything on your shoulder anymore"

. . . ❄ . . .

Hello!
Hope you guys enjoyed this story and don't forget to vote and leave a comment.

See ya!