Midorikawa Ryuuji × Artist Reader

Requested by ClaudiaAlfaro4

Thank you for requesting!

(H/c) = hair colour

(E/c) = eye colour

(F/f) = favorite food

(F/m) = favorite movie

.  .  .  🌼  .  .  .

They say art is the way for humans to express different things.

Feelings, reality, thoughts.

However, you just paint and write for the sake of enjoyment and killing boredom (like me.)

When you met a certain green-haired guy, your painting and writing just for fun and escape reality changed into an expression of your feelings and fantasies.

Nobody knew the true meaning behind each paint you do, or at least to whom it is directed to.

And nobody knows that behind each of your stories, there is a fantasy that shies in your mind and only accepts to manifest in your characters.

So that's why you are caught off-guard when Midorikawa, suddenly, asks you if there is a deeper meaning behind your art.

A message perhaps, he says.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." Your inner thoughts rage in panic as you try to dodge the topic as quickly as possible.

"C'mon, (Y/n). There is an obvious difference between writing stories for fun and writing them to get something out." Midorikawa presses on the subject while you still refuse to cooperate.

"Who do you think comes first? The chicken or the egg?" You ask in one final desperate attempt to drop the question.

"Is that supposed to change my mind?" Midorikawa questions with his arms crossed over his chest. His eyebrow lifted into a questioning expression.

"Alright, whatever. My works do have deeper meaning behind them." You finally give up and resign to tell the truth.

"Which is?"

"I like somebody very much." You could swear you saw Midorikawa's eye twitch ever the slightest. "And who might this lucky person be?" He asks with an unusual quiet voice.

But silence is his only answer.

"Is it... somebody I know?" You side-glance at his question and quietly nod.

"Can you describe them for me?"

"Well, he is sweet to me and compassionate to others. He is sometimes dumb like he once claimed to be someone of outer space. But overall, his personality is bright and he's always ready to help others when needed." You rant on and on about your crush's favorite things and things he dislikes.

There is a moment of quietness as Midorikawa stares at you with wide eyes, slowly processing everything you've just said.

Your blush worsens from embarrassment and you prepare to apologise to him for thinking you're weird, but he beats you to it before you could utter a word. "Well, that's quite a description. Awfully similiar to how I would describe my own crush."

Your heart drops as you hear he, too, has a person he considers worthy of deeper feelings.

"And how would you describe your crush then?" You ask with the same quiet tone he used when he asked you the same question.

"Well, she has (h/c) hair, (e/c) eyes. Loves (f/f) and would kill for it. Her favorite movie is (f/m). She's joyful and sweet, caring and compassionate, stupid and smart at the same time. But I still like everything about her." He goes on the rant and you stare at him with the most unbelievable expression you've ever worn on your face.

"Yes, it is you, (Y/n)." Midorikawa admits with a pink blush dusting his cheeks. "Was... was your description about me too?" He asks with a voice full of pure hope. Because you are in a loss of words and your brain refuses to form any coherent speech, you simply nod in confirmation at his question.

His eyes ignite in utter joy and he proceeds to hesitantly hug you. It results in an awkwardly silent hug, but you use it to shield yourself from embarrassment.

"Sooo... (f/m) with (f/f)?" Midorikawa invites with a toothy grin.

"Sounds great."

.  .  .  🌼  .  .  .

Hey guys!

I hope you have enjoyed this request! Thank you for requesting it was very fun to write!

If you have enjoyed it please do leave a vote and a comment, I'd sincerely appreciate it!

Stay safe!

See ya!