Chapter 7

I hadn't seen him in days. Weeks. Months. I don't even know. He was the only thing on my mind. The only thing I could think of. I didn't know why. Everytime I woke up I saw his face in front of me. Blood. I saw him closing his eyes. Too much blood. I didn't know where he was. I didn't know if he was still alive. The thought of it was eating me alive. Probably because there was no one else. I had no one else other than him. Even still, I didn't know if I ever had him. My mind was getting insane with all these thoughts and it didn't help that he was coming to this room every night. Every night I had to go through the same thing, over and over again. It still hurt as much as the first day. Maybe it didn't hurt but did I think it hurt. But still, it did hurt. It burnt me. Every touch of him felt like my skin was on fire. It felt like I was burning. Nothing. Nothing could stop it other than himself. Sometimes he stopped early, sometimes not. It hurt either way.

"Get up!" I heard him yell when the door opened. He had dragged me to another room I'd never been into after he heard me talking with Iyaz. I stood up with shaky legs and he came close to unchain me. I closed my eyes, not wanting to feel him that close. He then grabbed my arms and dragged me with him. I still had my eyes closed. It was like someone had glued my eyes so that I could never open them again. I almost fell down the stairs but he grabbed me by my waist. The smell of dust and sweat hit me and I knew immediately that I was in the basement where I stayed always.

"N..No" I heard his voice. His sweet voice.. It didn't suit it. Sadness didn't suit his voice. I opened my eyes to look if he was really there. When I opened my eyes I saw him lying there. He was covered in blood and looked as if he was in pain.

"Now listen and listen good. If you two ever, and I mean ever try to escape again, I will kill you both slowly and painful. Don't try it again. You know that you will never get to escape. She didn't. And you" he said while turning his head to me. He looked at me with his little black eyes that haunted me every night. I looked away because I had always been scared of his look.

"You will get punished if you ever try it again. He is bad. He will hurt you. You belong to here, to me. Don't ever try it again. You know what the punishment could be" he said and walked over to the door. He walked out of the door without turning around and closed the door. The sound of the door made me jump slightly. My eyes were still glued to the door. It was like he was going to come back to punish me. But I was going to be a good girl. I didn't want to get punished. I swear I will be a good girl and listen to you, I was begging in my head.

"Hey.." I heard him say. I immediately turned to him. He started coughing and spit out some blood. I saw that I wasn't chained up so I walked over to the bottle with water that was in the corner of the room. I dragged the bottle with me and put it in front of Iyaz. I sat down and put some water in my hands and to his mouth. He drunk it immediately, like he had had no water in days. After he drunk a bit I put water in my hand and cleaned his face. I knew that he didn't want me to touch him but I couldn't see the fabric I used before anywhere. He closed his eyes and it felt like he was sleeping.

"You are not bad" I said, responding to what he had said.

"You will not hurt me, you never did before" I went on.

"You are nothing like him" I said and he immediately opened his eyes. He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. I saw that he was lying on the floor and not on the mattress. His head was bleeding so he must've had some hits on his head. I looked over to find the mattress but it was nowhere. I sighed. He sometimes punished me by taking my mattress. I took Iyaz's head and put it slowly on my lap. He sissed a bit and his hand went to his head. I looked at where he was holding and saw that he was wounded. Thankfully it wasn't something bad. I grabbed the bottle with water and put a bit on his wound to clean it. He sissed again and I saw some tears falling down his face.

"I'm so sorry" I said. It was my fault. It was all my fault. It had always been my fault.

_________

The Islam is my Life episodes will be on my other book 'Have you..?'