Chapter 45

Chapter 45

I sat there, not being able to move. My eyes were glued on the door and I felt bad. I never knew that he would leave me when we were out of there. He told me so many times that he would've been with me. Maybe this was normal, since I didn't even know what normal even was. Maybe it was normal for people to leave, since we also left that place. I lied down on my bed, not caring about the covers. His face came into my mind. His disgusting smell. Would he be crying now too, since I do because Iyaz left. Is he mad at us too, for leaving that hole? Memories started flashing through my mind. They were out of order and some of them were new. I closed my eyes, not wanting to re—live it but also not being able to stop it.

"Please let me go!" I yelled. He was dragging me through the woods. The chain that was around my neck was burning my skin, closing my airway. My feet were hurting and I was sure they were bleeding, sine he was letting me walk barefeet. I felt my feet sting everytime they made contact with the ground, connecting with the rocks and everything that has been lying there. I let out a small cry when I felt pain by my leg. I hadn't seen the rock that had been there and I crashed into it. He turned around, making me shut up immediately. His disgusting eyes were looking at me in disgust . He took a step back, making me do the same, but a few times. 'Ya Allah, help me' I whispered into the air, hoping it to be heard by the only one who could help me.

"Walk faster. We have to get back on time so I can make you ready" he said, giving me goosebumps all over my body. I felt numb and I didn't know what to expect. I shut out the thoughts that were creeping up. I knew that if I thought about them, I would give up.

I shook my head, not remembering that day. I was different. My hair was shorter and I had longer clothes on. I didn't know when that was or where we were going. Another memory made its way to my mind.

"Can you please help me? He kidnapped me, I am here against my will. I am fourteen for God's sake! Please, please help me!" I tried to put some sense into the man but he was so high that he wasn't even acknowledging anything I said. It was like he wasn't even hearing me. The disgusting smell that was radiating off of him was making my head feel numb and I had, again, failed to save myself. I didn't resist when he started touching me, knowing that I had no power. I had no energy anymore.

I wiped the tears away. I was feeling foreign in this room, on this bed. It was far from what I had been used to and I didn't like the feeling of the change. I didn't know why but I wanted to be back there, with Iyaz, talking. I wanted to smell the familiar smells and see the familiar walls. I looked around, seeing the colored walls that felt like they were going to fall on me. I didn't like not knowing what was about to happen. The change was scaring me, hurting me. I tried to shut my mind off like I used to do and soon enough I was flown to the darkness that was my little escape.

~~~~~~
Salaam guys, sorry I have been a bit gone lately. This is my most difficult and important semester this year so the updates will be slower. Also, I don't want to ruin anything so I think a lot before I write down anything.

Anyway, a little bit of a glimpse of her past. How'd ya like it? and what do you think happened?