Chapter 86

Chapter 86 (I also updated 85 today)

I was sitting next to Anna in the car, holding her hand. We were off to the man who wrote that piece about me. I was very nervous, so I held her hand tighter. Iyaz had called with the man and even though he didn't want to, he finally gave in for some reason. We were going through familiar ways and I felt like I had been there before. Maybe it was because I grew up around here.

The driver turned to a path that was away from the centre, leading us to a dark alley. I would be scared if it was night, even though it was still quite dark. He stopped in front of a house that looked like it's not in use.

"We're here" the driver said. Iyaz turned around, looking at us.

"Stay here. I will go first" he said, getting out before he gave us a last look. I knew that he was scared too. The colour reminded me of the hole, yet I didn't feel any of the fear I always felt there. Iyaz looked through the window first that had a very old curtain. He then knocked on the door, waiting for it to open. Nothing happened for what felt like hours. I felt Anna squeezing my hand and I squeezed it back, letting her know that I was okay. Iyaz knocked again, taking a step back. Suddenly, the door opened, revealing an old looking man, but if you looked closely, you would see that he was in his forties. He looked at Iyaz, before his eyes moved over to mine. He gasped, his eyes widening. Then he looked around, before he said something to Iyaz. Iyaz turned to me and mentioned for us to get out. We did and followed after him the house in. I didn't dare to look around so I wouldn't get scared, so I just kept looking straight, following after Iyaz. We went into a living room and he mentioned for us to sit down. I sat down next to Iyaz and Anna, securing myself. I looked at the man, seeing him staring at me.

"I never thought you would be found" he said, making my eyes widen. He then looked at Iyaz.

"How?" he asked. Iyaz just looked as confused as I was, but replied anyway.

"We were able to run away" he said, this time confusing the man.

"What do you mean with we?" he asked Iyaz, still looking at me as if he couldn't believe I was here.

"He had kept her for four years and then decided to kidnap me as well. We stayed there for almost a year before we were able to escape" he said and the man's hand flew to his mouth.

"I didn't think he would take someone else. I really thought you weren't alive anymore" he said, this time, I was the one who couldn't understand.

"What do you mean? You're saying it as if you knew who took us, or even what happened to us" I asked, feeling a little creeped out. He looked down before he looked at Iyaz, avoiding me.

"That's because I knew" he said, making Iyaz stand up. I could see that he was furious. He started walking towards the man before I grabbed him by the shirt and dragged him back. He looked at me for a second.

"Just listen first" I said and I could see him debating in his mind before he sat down.

"Look, all I can tell you is that there is a whole complot, a master mind behind this all. Don't get me involved and don't get yourselves involved. I am surprised you are still alive, even now that you're free" he said, making me even more confused than I was.

"No, you look. She has been kidnapped for years. She was so brainwashed that she couldn't even remember a single thing. We don't know how it happened, but she even forgot what bread was. So please, we need to find her family. She is starting to remember a lot and we need them" Anna said this time in a softer voice. The man shook his head for a second.

"He gave her some drugs. Some drugs that they developed. It oppressed your long-term memory. It's weird- I didn't even think it would work" he replied, making Iyaz look at me with wide eyes. I vaguely remembered being injected by needles in the beginning. Though he always fed me needles to make me go to sleep.

"Her family knew everything. They knew who kidnapped her, but they couldn't do anything about it. Her father wasn't in the picture, as far as I know. Her mother was in prison for some time, but I believe she is free. Look, I will give you her address if you leave me alone and out of this. I don't want to be a part of it" he said. This time Iyaz stood up again and I didn't stop him.

"If I come to know that you participated in any of this, know that I won't let you go off like that. I will make sure that you get what you deserve. Being silent is also a crime. Know that I am holding myself in right now from bashing your face in for letting this all happen to her, but I am holding myself because she wouldn't want me to be like that" he said before he grabbed his phone and unlocked it, giving it to the man.

"Write the address down" he said and the man did as he said. Iyaz then mentioned for us to get out and he followed after us. He kept a straight face till we were in the car that also brought us there. We went inside in silence, none of us saying a thing. Iyaz sat in the front and when I looked over at him, I saw the tears streaming down his face that he tried to hide with his hoodie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHUUUUUUUUT? Guys, I am trying to finish this book today. Maybe I won't be able to write the final chapter since that one will be long, but I wrote most of the pieces that I recorded on my phone (yes, months ago I recorded me speaking into the phone, which i did a lot, the last chapter)