Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"I'm twenty-one" he said out of nowhere. I was laying down and he was playing with this stone that he found somewhere. He started talking without making sense again.

"I have four sisters. Two of them are twins. They are all younger than me except for my older sister. Her name is Fatima. She is like, a second mum to us. She has brought us up because mum was always working. She was always picking us up, taking us to home or football or wherever we needed to go. She has always been the one that I love the most" he said, smiling a bit. I didn't know what he was talking about, but it made me feel better. It felt familiar yet I didn't know what he meant.

"I will let you meet them when we get out of here. I will. They are really funny and sometimes when I had a bad day, they would cheer me up. We would fight and wrestle and just eat a lot of junk together and that would make me feel happy. They were there me when I needed and I was there when they needed. They must be so worried now. I can't even imagine. Like, mum would search for me everywhere. Would she.. would she have called my father?" he said, whispering the last part. He put his head on his knees and started crying. I felt so bad even though I had just started feeling better. I crawled towards him, wanting him to stop crying. Crying always made the feeling get worse. I didn't cry so much anymore, since it never helped me. Even my tears weren't there for me.

"I miss them so much.. What if I die here, they wouldn't know how much I love them. They wouldn't know that I still pray for them and that I'm proud of them.." he said to himself while crying harder. I softly patted his hair, not knowing why I did it for. It was like a sense of comfort, even though it felt weird. My natural instinct just told me to pat his head.

"You will be okay. You will get used to it. After a while, you forget. You will forget about the tears you shred and you would forget your name. You would forget everything and you won't even know you forgot til somebody mentions it to you. But in the end, you will be still alive, just like me" I whispered to him, crawling back. My mind was in a rush, and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Before I could even let everything sink in, the door opened.

"We have some guests, sugar. Let me gain some money"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you think? Things are getting more complicated now.