Chapter 31

Chapter 31

I was lying down on my stomach, holding it. Sometimes I got this pain and I knew what was about to come. Blood would come out of me. I didn't know what it was and why it was happening, but it just hurt. Iyaz was sitting there, cleaning his cheek from the blood. We were back in the hole, after he beat Iyaz up. Iyaz looked over at me when I groaned.

"What's wrong?" he said, looking at me in confusion. I wanted to stand up but it wasn't working.

"Hey, what do you need? What hurts?" he said, crawling towards me. I bit my lip, squeezing my eyes.

"There is some white stuff in the back in that box over there. Can you give me one?" I asked him to which he nodded and stood up quickly. I watched him taking it out of the box and he looked at it for a second.

"What?" I asked him. He just threw it at me instead of bringing it. He wiped his hand off on his shirt, which was weird.

"Oh, nothing" he said, looking away.

"I don't know why this happens" I whispered, but still loud enough for him to hear. It wasn't after beatings or when they touched me. It would just randomly come.

"It's normal, don't worry" Iyaz said. I looked at him, my eyes confused.

"Every woman has it. It's actually a good thing. It cleans your body" he said. It made me even more confused. How could bleeding clean you. It made everything only worse.

"I mean, I live in a house with five women. That's how I know" he said, going with his hand through his head.

"It happens when you aren't pregnant" he said.

"What's that?" I asked him, not understanding what he was saying.

"It's difficult to explain. You will know about it when we get out of here" he said, closing the topic. I nodded, not knowing what was going to come.

'"I'm going to sleep a bit. Don't move far away from me. It will be better that you are near me when he comes" he said, and I nodded, moving a bit to his mattress. He turned around, not moving. I layed down too, wanting to fall asleep since I was tired.

I walked towards the beach, since that was the place I loved the most. I was so happy that we were living in front of it. I just had to cross the street, walk down the stairs and there it was. I looked over at the sea, taking in the smell of salt. It smelled so amazing and the color was filling my soul with happiness. I found myself walking over to the water, letting it hit my feet. I looked around, looking at all the people who were enjoying what I was enjoying.

"You here again?" I heard from behind me.

I stood up, holding my neck. I was breathing heavily, thinking of what I had just seen. I saw a girl standing there and when she was about to turn to see who was calling her, I couldn't see further. I just sat there, thinking of what that was. How blue it was, how sunny it was.

"What's wrong?" I heard and I turned towards Iyaz, seeing him looking at me with sleepy eyes.

"California. I saw California"

~~~~~~~~~~~~
OMGGGGGGGG, what do you think she meant?